Department: Produce Department
4am availability preferred
Perform duties that ensure department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level. Demonstrate a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy. Build customer relations and provide enthusiastic customer awareness.
Essential Job Functions:
Greet and assist customers with locating and selecting products.
Perform assigned stocking, culling, and rotation procedures in accordance with established guidelines.
Prepare (trim, crisp, package, scale, etc.) all products according to established standards and quality goals.
Perform all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company policy.
Adhere to highest product quality standards to support our department strategy.
Achieve productivity standards as outlined in Management Planning.
Develop product knowledge in various areas of the department.
Share recognition of accomplishments and reflect the key behaviors; Be There, Make It Easy and Add Something To Their Day, and Be the Difference.
Assist in training other associates and perform other functions as assigned.
Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations
-Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
-Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
-Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
-Must meet minimum age requirements.
1. Lift up to 50 lb. at least 80% of the time and 75 lb. on occasion.
2. Reach to shoulder level or above on occasion while lifting 30 lbs.
3. Stand and walk 100% of the time.
4. Meet volume activity standards established for the department.
5. Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting produce items at or above waist level.
6. Use hands to feel objects; use tools to open boxes/cases or to prepare and clean produce.
7. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
8. Tolerate working in cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.