Financial Services Representative
- Posted: 6 days ago
The Financial Services Representative is responsible for providing the bank's customers with personalized banking and new accounts services by performing the following duties.
Ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: GLBA(Gramm-Leach-Briley Act) , Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act) Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd Frank Act), Elder Abuse Laws, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act.
1. Evaluates needs of potential customers and offers appropriate financial products and services.
2. Prepares and compiles new customer application and information to open new account.
3. Ensures completeness of documentation on new account set-up.
4. Informs and advises customers of status or enhancements to current account productivity, and suggests resolution on account disputes and other account activity.
5. Interviews customers to obtain information and explain available financial services such as savings and checking accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts, Certificates of Deposit, savings bonds, online banking, ATM and debit cards.
6. Presents funds received from customer to Customer Service Associate for deposit, and obtain receipt for customer.
7. Helps customer complete application for products or services.
8. Obtains credit records from credit reporting agency.
9. May be responsible for admitting customers to safe deposit vault and/or renting safe deposit boxes.
10. Accepts wire transfer requests.
11. Responds to customer inquiries and requests regarding account.
12. Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
13. Provides deposit data to support marketing and sales promotion programs.
14. Generates new business to assist in meeting establishment profitability goals.
15. May be responsible for accepting loan payments.
16. Record all transactions promptly, accurately, and in compliance with bank procedures.
17. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
18. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
19. Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
20. Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
21. Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
• High school diploma or equivalent; and a minimum of one to three years new accounts experience, or equivalent combination of work experience/education which may include accounting, balancing or customer service; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, mainframe computer system, word processing, typing and spreadsheet software programs to meet the needs of the position.
• Basic math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
• Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Company activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Company activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
• Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
• Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary within the range of $33,280 - $44,000
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable state and local laws and regulations. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hanmi Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?