Director of Software Engineering (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of SW Engineering / Research Platforms
Remote | Full Time | Vancouver, Canada
Zonda is redefining the future of housing. We are perfectly placed in the heart of the fast-growing real estate industry. We are making big bets on the future of real-estate, trailblazing a 2030 vision for the industry. Here at Zonda, you’ll be able to use your passion and curiosity to drive the next generation of real estate analysts, advisors, and technologists.
We are looking for a Director of Software Engineering to join our team!
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing a team of database and software engineers who are responsible for creating, maintaining, and optimizing our construction data research platforms, data infrastructure and pipelines.
As a partner to the VP of Research (Product Owner) you will provide leadership creating and maintaining the Research Platforms Roadmap while ensuring alignment with Product and Data Engineering Roadmaps. And while doing so, contribute to, align with, and implement best practices for application development and data engineering efforts by providing respectful technical leadership, guidance and mentorship to the team.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background in software engineering, data engineering, and analytics as well as a deep understanding of cloud-native application architectures and tooling, data architectures, ETL processes, and CI/CD tools and methodologies.
You will collaborate closely with the Product Manager to ensure that customer value is understood by your team, technical challenges are highlighted and communicated, and outcomes are delivered successfully at a regular and sustainable cadence. As part of this close collaboration, you will seek to contribute to the overall product vision by proposing strategic technical direction to ensure the long-term viability of product solutions.
At Zonda, we put a lot of emphasis on our engineering culture. As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for using prior experience to positively influence the development practices of your team. You will have a passion for helping your team to realize their potential and nurture their development through code reviews, mentoring and coaching. You will aim to empower your team through servant leadership and support change where required.
This is a full-time, remote position. Occasional travel may be required.
- Design and development of cloud-hosted web applications for the real estate industry from high-level architecture and network infrastructure to low-level creation of app layout, user experience, database schema, data structure, workflow, unit testing, end-to-end integration testing, etc.
- Formalization and implementation of appropriate standards and practices
- Orchestration and automation of deployment through CI/CD implementation
- Planning, design, implementation, and quality of research platform and data
- Effectively analyze, negotiate and manage changing priorities
- Own delivery quality and cadence
- Must have a 10+ years in engineering with 5+ years management experience
- 4+ years developing cloud-native applications including AWS and/or Azure CI/CD
- 5+ years NoSQL database, 2+ years Snowflake
- 3+ years Database DevOps and Deployment Automation
- 3+ years with Jira and Confluence
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Node.js, Angular 10+, T-SQL
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and tools like JIRA, Confluence
- Expertise in CI/CD pipelines using GIT, Bitbucket
- API design, implementation, and utilization in modern application architecture
- Full-stack development expertise using listed technologies
- Familiarity with Responsive Designs
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (i.e. computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience.
Why People Love Working Here
- We offer meaningful work and opportunities for career growth
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid vacation and general holidays
- Flexibility with remote work
- A modern and comfortable workplace
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Inclusion & Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion & belonging. People seeking employment at Zonda Home Canada are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Require an Accommodation? We’re here to help
We are proud to provide interview & employment accommodation during the recruitment and hiring process. If you require any accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to work with you to best meet your needs.
Hanley Wood Media Inc
Get fresh Remote Research Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!