Sales Development Representative
Hanley Wood is currently seeking a Sales Development Representative for our Business Media Division in the Emerging Accounts Group in Washington, D.C.
The Sales Development Representative will contribute to corporate revenue goals by assisting with the management of a $1 million book of existing clients and prospecting of and developing of new clients for future revenue.
This position will have a high focus on selling event sponsorships, digital solutions (newsletters, digital display, email blasts, web site development, content marketing, Strategic Marketing Services, etc.) and traditional media solutions (print, directories, etc.), within either the Commercial Design and/or Residential Construction industries with focus on specific niche industry verticals therein. A positive, energetic, and ambitious mindset is key; as this position will be responsible for lead generation through cold calling and setting up meetings with mid-level to C-level decision makers to provide B2B/B2C/Enterprise marketing solutions.
The Sales Development Representative position is an outstanding opportunity for an entry-level sales professional to deep dive into the digital marketing world, with cutting edge new products and customer solutions and to be a part of creating an aggressive and invigorating sales culture. Success in this role will open doors to higher level sales roles with increased responsibility as we are a media company in the midst of transformation and growth in all aspects of our business. We need people who thrive in an ever-changing landscape and approach their role with drive and enthusiasm. Only the most aggressive sales mindset will do.
Major Responsibilities and Related Duties Include:
- Researching and prospecting to new and existing HW customers
- Mastering initial contact pitch and thoroughly understanding and communicating the value of HW’s products and services
- Generating leads through cold calling and handling crucial data entry in Salesforce.com
- Meeting and exceeding weekly lead goals and communicating proactively and effectively with manager about progress against goals
- Drafting weekly report of activities and goal progress
- Building relationships with targeted companies/organizations through use of GoToMeeting, phone calls, and e-mails
- Working on multiple goals/priorities as well as multiple client deliverables effectively and efficiently
- Developing and maintaining good working business relationships with customers
- Expanding knowledge base on industry trends through trade journals, etc., as they pertain to your clients and category
Qualified Candidates must possess the following Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Entry-level role, ideal for recent grads and other candidates with limited work experience
- Strong interest and desire to learn about new technology and the construction industry
- High-energy, can-do, positive attitude, paired with a strong desire to learn
- Goal-oriented, hunter mentality
- Relevant internships in marketing, media, sales, advertising, and/or business are a plus
- Previous sales experience is a definite plus
- Exposure to digital media/advertising sales/SaaS or related industry is a definite plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research, analytical, and reporting skills
- Excellent listening and follow up skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal partners effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com or other CRM software
- Works well independently and on a team
- Basic understanding of the roles marketing and advertising in business
- Familiarity or strong desire to learn the latest digital advertising methodologies and solutions in B2B and/or B2C marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or other relevant field of study
Hanley Wood is the leading business-to-business media company serving the housing and construction industry, and one of the top 10 B2B media companies in the country.
We enjoy a corporate culture that simultaneously encourages high levels of creativity and productivity. Those who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are motivated by personal and team success will find a challenging and rewarding career here at Hanley Wood.
You owe it to yourself to work for a dynamic company. Employee satisfaction is important to us, so we provide competitive compensation and a generous benefits package all while working within a casual, collaborative workplace setting.
If you meet the required skills and qualifications and want to learn more, apply online at www.hanleywood.com/careers.
Follow Hanley Wood on Social Media:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hanleywood
- Twitter: @hanleywoodHR
- Instagram: @hanleywoodcareers
Hanley Wood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. m/f/d/v