Director of Logistics and Warehousing
- Expired: November 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hanley Energy Group are a globally recognized innovator in Critical Power and Energy Management solutions, headquartered in Ireland with divisional offices in the United States, Australia, Germany, South Africa and the Nordics.
Our core capabilities cover the design, development, supply, installation and commission of turnkey critical power and energy management solutions - from the power grid all the way to the Data CenterIT rack.
Our consulting capability guides customers through the challenges of technology transformation allowing the realization of operational efficiencies underpinned by Lifecycle Management, Service and Maintenance.
In this way, we enable our clients to optimize capital and operational expenditure, reduce energy costs, ensure 100% up-time, and increase operational competitiveness.
We also offer electrical engineering services where we pride ourselves in delivering excellent service to our customers.
Our approach is to develop partnerships with clients, ensuring excellent delivery coupled with cost-effective solutions.
Our values are Service Excellence + Quality + Innovation + Partnership
- Service Excellence:Committed to superior customer service.
- Quality:Strive for technical excellence and high-impact results.
- Innovation:Being innovative to achieve exemplar solutions.
- Partnership:Building mutual trust and dependability.
Why this role is important to us?
Working closely with our management team, you will work cross-functionally to oversee the day-to-day operations of our Warehouse in Ashburn VA and ensure the timely, accurate, and efficient receipt of all shipments, while also ensuring that distribution strategy evolves with our merchandise offering and that our carrier and supplier base, processes, and systems scale to meet business needs. This role is responsible for international compliance of this function.
What will you do?
Manage all day-to-day warehouse communications and operations and provide proactive short-term and long-term logistics solutions for both internal and external stakeholders
Monitor fulfillment times, receiving times, and other 3PL and carrier KPIs to ensure 3PL partners are meeting or exceeding SLAs
Coordinate all inbound freight with our Sourcing & Production team to ensure timely receipt of goods in our DC
Identify any freight discrepancies or damages, and troubleshoot accordingly
Audit fulfillment and shipping invoices to ensure accuracy and consistency
Partner cross-functionally with the Planning & Buying, Sourcing & Production, and accounting teams to implement appropriate inventory controls and ensure accurate inventory data across all systems including SAP GRN's
Develop strategic plans to improve the productivity, quality, and efficiency warehouse operations while maintaining excellent customer experience
Cascades information regarding Strategic Plan to management team to ensure Department is fully aligned with the organization
Develop and manages budget and utilizes corporate resources to maximize effectiveness across the organization
Mentor and coach employees, sharing job specific knowledge, managing performance through clear goal setting; engaging in timely and meaningful performance evaluations and discussions to foster an environment of high performance and open communication
Champion continuous improvement initiatives and fosters an environment where continuous improvement activities thrive and leads with a sense of urgency that results in a commitment to quality results
Promotes an environment of collaboration, trust and professional relationships
Demonstrates highest level of commitment to teamwork and supports cross functional team involvement
What we value
- 10+ years of experience in Logistics and Warehousing
- Experience in SAP
- Knowledge of manufacturing/production with specific industry knowledge preferable
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end processes / industry best practice with the ability to share knowledge on same.
- Ability to analyze/ reconcile multiple data points and be able to articulate and present findings and introduce change based on objective data,
- Strong people management skills and ability to prioritize deliverables for oneself and others.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with colleagues across the business.
- A self-motivated and result-oriented individual with an ability and experience to lead and motivate others to a high performing and best practice standard.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Ability to make sound decisions and understand when to escalate issues.
- Previous experience in a large global multi-national preferable
What we offer
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Generous Time Off
- Career progression within a rapidly expanding organization
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Excellent training
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan
- Employer Paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Hanley Energy is an equal opportunities employer
44427 Atwater driveAshburn, VA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Hanley Energy
Get fresh Energy Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.