- Posted: over a month ago
- $22 to $28 Hourly
- Examine and classify documents in order to make entry.
- Interface directly with CBP on all issues relating to the importation of products, and as directed by management.
- Maintain classification data base.
- Ensure that all import transactions meet compliance standards set forth by CBP regulations and other governmental agencies (ATF, EPA, FDA).
- To maintain all CPB files and records in compliance with custom's requirements, local regulations and Internal Quality System Standards.
- To calculate and report all CBP related issues to local authorities.
- To secure compliance with local regulations on all import and export activities.
- Various other related duties related to imports & other customs related issues
- Auditing of the commercial invoice line by line to make sure the correct valuation is files to CBP
- Verify any transaction after the entry is filed into CBP
- Coordinate CBP exam
- Working knowledge of steamship, air lines, CFS and trucking procedures
- Coordinate deliveries or re-forwarding once it is arrived at warehouse.
- Support Inquiries from sales.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor / manager.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for solution.
- Maintains good communication with management, office staff members and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Job Dimensions (skills, knowledge & abilities)
Essential Job Dimensions
Accounting, Accuracy, Attendance & Punctuality, Attention to Detail, Clerical, Communication: Speaking, Reading and Writing in English, Confidentiality, Computer Usage, Diplomacy, Dependability/Reliability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Initiative/Follow Through, Listening & Understanding, Math Skill (Basic), Multi-Tasking, Office Equipment Usage, Order Processing, Product Knowledge, Research, Relation Building, Team Participation.Qualifications
Education & Work Experience
- Associate’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from two year college; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have between one and two years of experience in a similar position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work is typically performed in an office environment with moderate noise.
Business travel is not required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to frequently sit and occasionally must stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities include the ability to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen, measure or identify using eyesight and adjust vision focus.
The above job description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Hankyu Hanshin Express usa Inc
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?