- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Executive Director with strong development skills
Hands for Hope (Hands4Hope LA) is an afterschool program dedicated to broadening horizons, developing talents, promoting self-esteem and instilling life- preparation skills, by extending a hand of hope to underprivileged youth and single- parent families
Job Description: Executive Director
Step into the shoes of our long time founder and executive director who is now CEO. Take a lead position at this 22 year old organization to help the legacy live on. Share with us your history of working with boards and the community to strategically boost funding and student recruitment.
Show us your passion for after school programs that promote prevention vs. intervention and safety for at risk youth. Bring your "A" game in fund development to help this agency grow to the next level. Join us to lead this small team and be instrumental in helping it grow to add staff, engage funders, donors and the community. If you believe you are the one – please respond. Fundraising experienced professionals only need apply. Class B Driver's license a big plus.
The Executive Director is a key management leader of Hands4Hope LA. The Executive Director reports to the CEO and the board of directors, and has the overall strategic and operational responsibility for effectively executing the mission of Hands for Hope (Hands4Hope LA). The Executive Director is responsible for the overall direction and leadership of the organization in pursuit of its stated mission. The Executive Director will translate vision into strategies and actionable objectives across all segments of the organization ensuring the long term growth, impact and sustainability for H4H LA.
1) Board Governance: Works with the CEO and the board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
· Responsible for leading Hands4Hope LA in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the CEO and the Board of Directors.
· Responsible for communicating effectively with the CEO and the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the CEO and the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Hands4Hope LA, to include submission to the CEO and the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
• Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Hands4Hope LA’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the CEO, the Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Responsible for implementation of Hands4Hope LA’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Hands4Hope LA can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of Hands4Hope LA’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
• Responsible effective administration of Hands4Hope LA operations.
• Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
• Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Primary Management duties and responsibilities:
· Lead and grow revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion. Leverage professional contacts and resources to develop new opportunities. Develop proposals and oversee implementation of grants awarded.
• Report to and work closely with the CEO and the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization throughout the community.
• Work with the CEO and the Board to develop, implement and manage H4H LA work plan and organization budget.
• In conjunction with the CEO, the Board, stakeholders and funders develop and plan CEO and Board approved projects. Implement programs, ensuring objectives are met.
• Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit. Hire, supervise, review and retain qualified staff including employees, volunteers and independent contractors. Ensure program staff monitor and supervise children at all times. Ensure safety, rules, regulations and policies are met.
• Manage facility renovations and equipment purchases and inventory.
• Speak on behalf of H4H LA acting as a public relations representative. Oversee marketing and communications and community outreach efforts. Enhance H4H LA’s image by engaging with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Whenever possible, articulate to policy makers and other stakeholders the crucial role of afterschool programs; to ensure research supporting afterschool programs is known and understood.
• Review, approve and provide technical assistance and training for staff and contract/grant compliance. Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications and systems. Recommended timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals.
• Coordinate the research, development and publishing of H4H LA publications.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Hands4Hope LA’s Mission.
• Other duties as assigned by the CEO and the Board of Directors.
• Bachelor’s degree with management experience
• Youth Development experience
• Ability to multi task and prioritize in a dynamic environment
• Track record of effectively leading an outcome-based staff.
• Past success working with a CEO and a board of directors including cultivating board member relationships
• Strong public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stake holders and cultures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal skills to provide direction and transparent and high integrity leadership
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
• Passion, positive attitude, mission-driven and self–directed.
• Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision- making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Ability to convey a vision of Hands4Hope LA’s strategic future to CEO, board, staff, volunteers and donors
• Highly energetic and collaborative skills to motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather relevant information, generate possible solutions and resolve issues.
• Strong public speaking ability
• Available to coordinate and attend special events, field trips and activities
• Travel within region required; out-of-region required as needed.
• A valid California Drivers’ License and proof of insurance required.
• Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health and PTO. Full Time (32 - 40 hour week)
Hands4Hope LA is an equal opportunity employer. Background Check required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
WHAT: Mission Statement – Hands4Hope LA provides support to at-risk youth and their families from low income predominantly minority and single parent households with FREE S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) based after school programs, a low cost Academic Summer Camp and parent resource fairs and workshops.
Hands For Hope
11210 Otsego StreetLos Angeles, CA
EducationView all jobs at Hands For Hope