Finance, Procurement and Accounts Payable Officer
Hampton Sheriff's Office Lackey, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Finance, Procurement and Accounts Payable officer is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of purchasing and submitting payment for goods and services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Processes Authorization for Payment, Departmental Requisitions, Purchases Orders and securing invoice approvals for payment
· Operates as the Liaison between the Hampton Sheriff’s Office and the City Finance Department (Procurement and Accounts Payable).
· Operates as the point of contact for all vendors to facilitate the timely payment of invoices
· Prepares and generates purchase orders for goods and services within the authorized dollar limit
· Generates departmental requisitions for goods and services above the authorized departmental dollar limit.
· Processes and submits documentation for payment is accordance with the City of Hampton procurement policies and procedures
· Assists the Director of Administrative Services with the preparation of the annual operating budget and the annual jail cost audit
· Prepares all invoices for Hampton Sheriff’s Office receivables on all current contracts
· Maintains vendor files of all required supporting documentation for procurement and payment of invoices.
· Performs duties of the Canteen Officer for Inmate and Non-appropriated Funds as required in his/her absence.
· Performs any other task as directed by the Sheriff or Director of Administrative Services.
· Conducts vehicle inspections and reporting deficiencies
· Adheres to all policies, procedures, guidelines and directives of the office on an ongoing basis
· Protects confidential information by preventing unauthorized release, both verbal and/or writing
· Must be detail-oriented, possess a professional attitude and able to work a flexible schedule.
· Must have strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
· Must be highly organized and self-motivated individual
· Must have strong computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Ability to read and comprehend laws, ordinances and orders
· Prioritize tasks
· Properly operate authorized city vehicles and equipment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Should possess any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance or any related field.
All applicants are required to participate in New Applicant Orientation. Please visit www.hampton.gov\sheriff for the dates and time.
Hampton Sheriff's OfficeWhy Work Here?
We pledge to be Committed to Excellence!
The Sheriff's Office consists of deputies and civilian personnel in three major divisions: Administration, Court Services, and Corrections. We maintain the custody, care, control and movement of inmates; serve civil and criminal processes and court orders; maintain security for court facilities, judges, jurors and other trial participants.
1928 W. Pembroke AveLackey, VA