Hampton Inn of Carson is looking for a dedicated, hands-on Bi-Lingual Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team of industry professionals in supporting the operations of the housekeeping department. If you have great time management skills and a track record of success in motivating a team, we’d love to talk to you!
Working in partnership with the General Manager and other professional staff, our Housekeeping Supervisor ensures that we provide excellent customer service and maintain our reputation as the industry’s best.
· Provide leadership and direction for housekeeping and laundry staff
· Inspect guest rooms, public areas, and back of the house for cleanliness
· Screen job applicants, hire and train new employees
· Establish standards and procedures for work done by housekeeping staff
· Create staff schedules, work assignments, and monitor activities to maintain company productivity & professionalism
· Perform cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage
· Resolve complaints concerning housekeeping service and respond to guests in a friendly & timely manner
· Oversee supply levels and maintenance issues
· Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak English & Spanish
· Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred
· General knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their use & safety
· Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and carry 10 lbs.
· Must have flexibility with schedule and days worked
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to interact with and manage different personality types