Executive Housekeeper Job Description
***PREVIOUS HOTEL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED***Bilingual Preferred***
Position: Executive Housekeeping Manager
Full Time Position: 40+ hours / week
Reports to: General Manager
The Executive Housekeeping Manager works under the direction of the General Manager. They are responsible for the overall operation and success of the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments. His / Her responsibility include daily duties, supervisory duties, training, checking guestrooms, guest service & satisfaction, inventory and any other duties assigned by the GM.
· Assign rooms per housekeeper depending on availability, print out housekeeping sheets and assign keys, set focus for the day to ensure deep cleaning program stays on track.
· Starts laundry before the laundry person arrives.
· Checks any discrepant rooms from the night before.
· Checks storage area to see if there are enough housekeeping supplies.
· Assist in helping the housekeepers strip rooms, make beds, dust and stock on a daily basis.
· Assist or perform laundry duties when needed.
· Coordinate with the front desk to see that all guests have checked out or have extended their stay.
· Inspect housekeeper’s rooms as they finish them and input them as vacant ready in the system.
· Post all lost and found items and input them into the lost and found log.
· Ensure that housekeepers are on track to finish all their rooms within the 30 min per room allowance.
· Supervise break times and ensure that housekeepers are taking no more than 15 min breaks.
· Inventory, organize and maintain the linen and storage rooms.
· Conduct random inspections of all cart and storage rooms.
· Make sure all doors are closed and locked once the housekeepers have left.
· Input any remaining ready rooms in the system and run a discrepancy report. Correct any discrepancies.
· With the assistance of the GM, create a weekly staffing schedule based on the hotel needs for the coming week.
Monthly / Weekly Responsibilities
· Perform a weekly inventory of housekeeping and laundry cleaning supplies and order the supplies that are needed.
· Perform a monthly inventory of guest room supplies and be ready to order those items on the 1st of every month.
· Rotates a daily “focus” cleaning assignment so that the hotel is always ready for an inspection.
· Conducts training for new employees as well as current staff to insure a high level of cleanliness and job knowledge.
· Conducts monthly department meetings as well as daily huddles.
· Communicates information and needs to the Office Manager. (Payroll, uniforms, orders, vendors)
· Conducts performance reviews with Housekeeping / Laundry staff on a timely basis.
· Enters daily figures into the performance spreadsheet and sends to the GM each Monday for review.
· Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
· Must be able to stand/walk on feet for up to 10 hours per day
· Must be able to bend, kneel, reach and climb stairs.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to speak clearly and effectively in English (Bilingual a plus)