Hospitality Leadership 2 YR - ApprenticeshipNC Partnership
- Posted: over a month ago
- $11 to $16 Hourly
We are proud to be a registered apprenticeship site in partnership with ApprenticeshipNC.
This opportunity requires at least a 24-month intent. This is for someone who is wanting to pursue a management career in hotels and is ready for an intensive immersion program.
In exchange for your two years of service, you will gain the following:
- All training and all required certifications paid for
- Degree: Tuition paid for Associate Arts Degree (Hospitality or Business Administration)
- Credential: US Department of Labor - Office of Apprenticeship - Certificate of Completion Certificate
- Credential: State of NC - Completion of Industry Recognized Certificate
- Certification: National Swimming Pool Foundation: Certified Pool Operator (NSPF-CPO)
- Certification: Servesafe Food Safety Manager
- Opportunity for additional credentials and certificates through AHLA and NCRLA
- Hilton Worldwide University Training & Certifications
- 5 tiered wage progression over the course of 2 years.
- Mentorship by leaders with 15+ years of hospitality experience.
- Community exposure opportunities in leadership and service
- You are 16 yrs or older. High school students are welcome to apply. We can work around your class and exam schedules.
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS DRUG TEST & BACKGROUND CHECK!!*
- 2 Year Wage Progression,
- Interval 1 - $11.00/hr
- Interval 2 - $12.00/hr
- Interval 3 - $14.00/hr
- Interval 4 - $15.00/hr
- Journeyworker Rate - $16.00/hr
Work Environment and Scheduling
- Your main site will be at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton in Boone, NC.
- Your schedule will vary depending on the department you are currently apprenticing in.
- Opportunities to visit other properties and participate in community outreach throughout the high country
- (3 Months Housekeeping) You will train on room cleaning and learn how to inspect rooms and what is required of a Housekeeping Manager.
- (1-month Laundry) You will train as a laundry attendant. You will learn about supplies/ordering and how to maintain back-of-house operations.
- (1-month Breakfast) You will learn ordering, brand standards, and food service. We will pay for your Servsafe certification.
- (1-month Maintenance) You will train as an Assistant Chief Engineer. You will learn hotel preventive maintenance and pool care. We will pay for your Certified Pool Operator for NC.
- (6-18 months Front Desk) Fully Hilton Certified, you will be trained on our front desk operating system OnQ. It is the universal program used at all properties around the world. Includes one month of part-time Night Audit to learn the process.
- (1 year+ Manager on Duty Front Desk): Once you are exceeding guest service benchmarks, we will promote you to manager on duty rotation. You will work the front desk and be the manager on demand for guest requests and needs. We will supply you with all the training you need to be a problem solver no only for our guests but internally as well for coworkers.
- You will shadow management through Brand Quality Assurance Inspections & All County Health/Food Inspections.
- HR & Payroll: You will learn HR Management Techniques and the new hire/training process.
- Sales Training: In addition to MOD responsibilities, you will be fully exposed to hotel marketing and sales strategies.
- Community Outreach: You will be given the opportunity to head up some of our Hands-on Hamptonality projects where you are out in the community volunteering.
- Networking: You will accompany the GM/DOS to chamber and community functions as a representative of the hotel to learn the ropes.
- Opportunity for permanent management opportunities at our hotel
- Mentoring for Job Search: We will assist you with resume and cover letter skills. Make sure you have built a firm foundation of recommendations and are ready for your next step, making you a VERY competitive candidate for any hotel management opportunities in your future
- You, your friends & your family will travel at discounted rates at all Hilton hotels for the length of your employment. (Example: Employee discount $45.00/nt+ for other Hilton Family Hotels EVERYWHERE)
- We offer vacation time for part-time and full-time employees (1 Year)
- Health insurance for full-time employees after the measurement period (1 Year).
- We take care of our people and in turn, we ask that they take care of each other and our guests. Guests come from all over for business, celebrations, family, visiting AppState & those coming to Boone to enjoy the great outdoors.
- You can be part of what makes our location spectacular!
We opened in October 2016 as a 113-room Hilton Family Brand Hotel. Since then we have climbed to being in the Top 1% of all Hamptons in the US! We were voted the #1 hotel in Boone in 2022 Best of the Best. Our ownership and management company are based here in NC.
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Boone NC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?