Guest Service Manager
- $39,000 to $42,000 Yearly
Guest Service Manager
Department – Executive Office
Reports to – General Manager
What’s the job?
As Guest Service Manager, you’ll be responsible for the overall success (financial, guest experience, quality standards) of the front of the house, using strong leadership skills to optimize guest and associate experience and financial returns. You will be the champion of the hotel’s front of the house, and you will be an extension of your General Manager in their absence.
- Ensure the hotel exceeds Opal goals and brand standards for guest satisfaction and service.
- Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Serve and build relationships with guests – ask for their feedback and show them hospitality
- Represent and build the hotel’s online reputation on review sites
- Communicate daily activity and guest feedback with all other hotel department managers.
- Serve and build relationships with guests – ask for their feedback and show them hospitality.
- As Guest Services Manager, you will have a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of the entire Front Desk area.
- Motivate, coach / mentor, and train front of the house team members, set goals and hold team members accountable.
- Provide feedback, rewards, and recognition to team members.
- Develop programs and initiatives to increase team engagement that are aligned with the service philosophy.
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength.
- Oversee HR related actions in accordance with rules and policies.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment and adhere to Opal’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty, breakfast host, and/or Sales Manager.
- Aggressively pursue revenue goals, effectively utilize yield management and revenue maximization tools, and prepare and manage the annual budget to attain financial goals.
- Analyze financials to drive revenues and occupancy, future profitability and maximum return on investment.
- Aggressively and effectively manage rates across distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share.
- Work closely with the sales team to capitalize on all revenue opportunities.
- Effectively manage and control all operational expenses, including front desk, breakfast area, labor, overtime, food and market, supplies, etc., enforce Opal’s procurement guidelines.
- Continually seek and implement cost saving strategies.
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint.
- High school diploma or higher-level education
- 2 years hotel front office experience with 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Must be a strong leader, self-motivator, team builder and willing to work 50+ hours per week with flexibility (minimum 5 days per week).
- Must speak fluent English (other languages preferred)
- Send a daily end of the day activity and accomplishment email to the General Manager and a copy to the Opal Director of Operations.
- Be proficient on the use of the property management system, accounting system, and facilities management software; train front desk personnel on the systems.
- Have a good understanding of all of hotel operating procedures.
- Enforce all existing and new policies and procedures with Front Desk and breakfast area staff.
- Maintain proper staffing in all Front Desk areas and the breakfast area according to occupancy levels.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and provide feedback to Front Desk and breakfast area staff.
- Constantly monitor front office communications logs.
- Monitor the appearance of all Front Desk and breakfast area staff, to ensure they are following company uniform policy.
- Be the hotel champion for attaining loyalty enrollment goals
- Conduct daily huddles and individual meetings as needed.
- Participate in all departmental meetings with the General Manager.
- Supervise delegated responsibilities and follows up.
- Be proficient in the use of all front office equipment such as credit card machine, copier and fax.
- Maintain all equipment, conduct inventories as per standard operating procedures, and maintain office and breakfast area supplies at par.
- Inform the General Manager of any unique situations, or unusual developments in Front Desk operations.
- Handle guest complaints effectively and hospitably, in accordance with Opal and Brand standards.
- Be willing and able to work any shift, including night audit and fill in when other employees are not able to work their scheduled shift.
- Complete weekly schedules for front office and breakfast area staff as per standard operating procedures.
- Understand the Chart of Accounts in order to code hotel invoices for the Front Office and the breakfast area.
- Process reservations and cancellations by mail, telephone, fax and central reservation systems referrals.
- Process reservations and cancellations received from sales office and other hotel departments.
- Have complete knowledge of room types and offered rate plans.
- Open and close out discount rates on reservation systems when applicable.
- Fully understand the hotel’s franchise policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Exhibit exceptional leadership skills.
- Promote goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers and all other associates.
- Approve labor for department.
- Respond to Franchise guest surveys and online reviews (TripAdvisor, Google, Expedia, etc).
- Research and prepare responses to credit card chargeback disputes.
- Effective communication skills
- Pleasing Personality
- Team player
- Great listener
- Open with praise, discreet with criticism
- Willing to work on weekends and holidays if required
- Well-groomed and professional appearance
Performance shall be measured by the following:
- Budgeted RevPAR
- STR Report RevPAR Index
- Guest Service Index (GSS)
- Associate Standard Index (ASI)
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hampton Inn & Suites CharlotteCharlotte, NC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.