Administrative Office Assistant
Hampton Bar Harbor Bar Harbor, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a skilled Office Associate to manage and maintain administrative processes for our company. Hands-on responsibility for managing the hotel back office functions in a professional and efficient manner. This position interacts with many departments, and is mission critical in making our team function smoothly.
Job duties include purchasing inventory for all departments, maintaining supply levels to support hotel operations. You will assist with recruiting and onboarding new team members, as well as manage our employee housing assets. You will also carry out relevant administrative duties to support our management team (e.g. responding to guests via email and being a local point of contact for service vendors).
The ideal candidate has experience in various office operations as well as hospitality or customer service environments. They have a great attitude, work well collaboratively as well as independently, and are organized and able to solve problems.
Perform daily operations that support the management team, helping all departments and team members work efficiently. Undertake operations and marketing tasks, collaborating with department leaders to ensure smooth running of company administrative functions.
- Manage phone calls and all business correspondence with vendors and guests
- Review and prepare daily bank deposits, report and resolve overages / shortages
- Manage supply ordering and purchase inventory for all departments to support hotel operations
- Maintain document management system, update physical and digital records for employees, vendors, etc.
- Maintain all state, local, and Hilton brand compliance documents for various departments
- Maintain company training and policy documents, coordinate with management team and update as needed
- Assist with team member recruitment, and travel arrangements for staff as needed
- Manage employee onboarding process (e.g. payroll documents, online account setup, etc.)
- Assist department leaders with team member training modules as needed
- Schedule and facilitate staff meetings for all departments
- Oversight of company housing properties with maintenance staff
- Assist with hotel Guest Services operations as needed
- Assist with content creation and curation for company social media
- Previous experience as Office Administrator, Marketing Assistant, or equivalent role
- Working knowledge of Excel and Google Workspace software (e.g. Google Sheets, Google Drive, etc.)
- Knowledge of Canva, Adobe Photoshop, or equivalent tools preferred
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities, excellent writing and editing skills
- A positive team player with a can-do attitude
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Solid time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and pivot as needed
- Self-motivated to perform at the highest level with minimal oversight
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
This year-round position has some schedule flexibility in the off-season, giving you the opportunity to travel and explore the world using your Hilton employee travel benefits!
Hampton Bar Harbor
AddressBar Harbor, ME
BusinessView all jobs at Hampton Bar Harbor