Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. Springfield, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Springfield, Elgin and Mt. Carmel, IL is looking to hire a full-time Water/Wastewater Engineer at any one of our 3 locations. Are you a civil engineering professional who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
This Water/Wastewater Engineer position earns a competitive salary, depending on experience. We also offer health insurance (PPO and HSA), a dental allowance, an employer health savings account (HSA) contribution, vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, a fitness allowance, a student loan paydown, an employee assistance program (EAP), flexible hours, continuing education, professional license expense reimbursement, professional society/association membership dues, and opportunities for career growth. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois. We've built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client's vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
We believe that our team is what draws clients to our company. Our team is made up of smart, driven people with an impressive range of experience, achievements, and backgrounds. This is one of the reasons that our firm has become so highly respected in the industry and is a trusted partner in the community. We offer a flexible, remote schedule and are still able to keep team members engaged in challenging projects as well as available to their families during this unprecedented time. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, an open-door management style, a rewarding & fun work environment, and great work-life balance. We are proud to be named an Employer of Choice by PSMJ, based on our workforce retention, productivity, and superior level of employee engagement.
On any given day, you'll:
- Perform computer modeling and analysis of water/wastewater systems, design water/wastewater systems, and related components
- Plan and design water mains, pumping stations, storage tanks/reservoirs, water treatment plants, and well water systems
- Plan and design sanitary mains, wastewater pumping stations, and wastewater treatment plants
- Prepare engineering reports, engineering drawings, and specifications for complex water/wastewater projects
- Prepare estimates, schedules, and change orders for public improvements
- Perform construction administration and periodic inspection during construction of water/wastewater facilities
- Attend public meetings with municipal engineers and clients as required
- Attend evening board meetings of municipal clients as required
- Conduct quality check of all documents and reports, verify data accuracy, information, and calculations
- Maintain and expand our client relationships with the help of managers throughout Illinois
- Identify areas for growth and strategize the development of new business
- Participate in proposal presentation and business development activities throughout Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Illinois or Indiana
- Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience in water/wastewater engineering
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Desire to grow and manage engineering services
- Proven ability to successfully manage engineers and technical staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills
- Active in professional organizations
- Thorough knowledge of Illinois Environmental Protection Agency and/or Indiana Department of Environmental Management policies
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit, walk, reach, crouch, bend, and walk or stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc.