Surveyor In Training (SIT) (Entry-Level)
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. Elgin, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Surveyor In Training
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR)ofElgin, ILis looking to hire afull-time Surveyor In Training. Are you a civil engineering professional who is ready to take yourcareer to the next levelin arewarding environmentwith anestablished and respected firmthatcares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work fora firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
This Surveyor In Training position earns acompetitive salary, depending on experience. We also offerhealth insurance (PPO and HSA), a dental allowance, an employer health savings account (HSA) contribution, vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, a fitness allowance, a student loan paydown, an employee assistance program (EAP), flexible hours, continuing education, professional license expense reimbursement, professional society/association membership dues, and opportunities for career growth. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois. We've built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client's vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
We believe that our team is what draws clients to our company. Our team is made up of smart, driven people with an impressive range of experience, achievements, and backgrounds. This is one of the reasons that our firm has become so highly respected in the industry and is a trusted partner in the community. We offer aflexible, remote scheduleand are still able to keep team members engaged in challenging projects as well as available to their families during this unprecedented time. We offercompetitive pay,great benefits, anopen-door management style, arewarding & fun work environment, andgreat work-life balance. We are proud to benamed an Employer of Choice by PSMJ, based on ourworkforce retention,productivity, andsuperior level of employee engagement.
On any given day, you'll:
- Work with a Professional Licensed Surveyor (PLS) assisting in the survey work on transportation, municipal, and civil engineering projects
- Perform construction layout using Trimble Robotic Total Stations, GPS, and TSC3 Data Collectors
- Perform topographic and land surveys
- Perform physical tasks such as pounding stakes, setting monuments, clearing line, etc.
- Operate as a one-man crew
- Read and understand construction plans to perform layout calculations
- Bachelor's Degree in Surveying from an accredited four-year college or university
- Passed the Surveyor-in-Training exam
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- 0-5 years of related survey experience
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Ability to become a Professional Licensed Surveyor (PLS) in 5 years
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit, walk, reach, crouch, bend, and walk or stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc.