Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. Springfield, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Springfield, IL is looking to hire a full-time Structural Engineer. Are you a civil engineering professional who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
This Structural Engineer position earns a competitive salary, depending on experience. We also offer health insurance (PPO and HSA), a dental allowance, an employer health savings account (HSA) contribution, vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, a fitness allowance, a student loan paydown, an employee assistance program (EAP), flexible hours, continuing education, professional license expense reimbursement, professional society/association membership dues, and opportunities for career growth. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois. We've built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client's vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
We believe that our team is what draws clients to our company. Our team is made up of smart, driven people with an impressive range of experience, achievements, and backgrounds. This is one of the reasons that our firm has become so highly respected in the industry and is a trusted partner in the community. We offer a flexible, remote schedule and are still able to keep team members engaged in challenging projects as well as available to their families during this unprecedented time. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, an open-door management style, a rewarding & fun work environment, and great work-life balance. We are proud to be named an Employer of Choice by PSMJ, based on our workforce retention, productivity, and superior level of employee engagement.
On any given day, you'll:
- Coordinate, review, and complete structural design calculations, plans, specifications, cost estimates, and reports
- Perform linear and non-linear structural analyses, bridge inspections, load ratings, and assessment reports
- Complete hydrologic and hydraulic analyses for bridges and box culverts
- Review for quality assurance and quality control and ensure compliance with quality standards
- Coordinate and communicate with clients, technicians, engineers, sub-consultants, and contractors
- Participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Serve as a project engineer or project manager on a variety of projects according to experience
- Public involvement may include reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material
- Participate in project interviews where a Structural Project Engineer is required
- Must be licensed as a Structural Engineer in the State of Illinois
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois, or ability to obtain an Illinois license
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Must have design experience on structural projects in Illinois according to IDOT standards
- NBIS Team Lead or ability to earn Team Lead in Bridge Inspection License
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit, walk, reach, crouch, bend, and walk or stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc.