Director of Facilities
- Expired: December 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hammond School seeks enthusiastic, hands-on, and experienced candidates to interview for the Director of Facilities position. This exempt, full-time, benefits eligible position is salaried and reports to the Director of Operations.
The Director of Facilities oversees and maintains all aspects of the School's physical plant to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment for students, faculty, staff, and other School guests. This individual will interact with School constituents campus-wide and will be capable of multi-tasking and providing excellent customer service. The Director of Facilities oversees the maintenance team of two full time staff members.
Essential Duties and Required Skills:
- Oversee the physical operation of the School, all aspects of the physical plant, and the facilities maintenance program
- Monitor and manage campus-wide maintenance ticket system prioritizing requests, delegating as appropriate, and closing tickets when complete
- Schedule and supervise service providers for janitorial and landscaping services
- Contract and manage vendors and independent contractors to address maintenance needs as needed
- Direct, supervise, and evaluate facilities team, ensuring that staff receives training related to specific job tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct and document routine inspections of facility and grounds as part of a preventative maintenance program, including periodic facilities and equipment condition assessments
- Set up and break down for School functions throughout campus
- Work with the CFO and Director of Operations to establish budgets for both short and long term facility needs
- Collaborate with School Administration to coordinate the short- and long-term facility plans and goals
- Develop, maintain, and report all environmental, health, safety, and maintenance standards as required by law and work with Administration to ensure compliance with all regional, state, and federal regulations and laws as they impact the School
- Work closely with state and local inspectors on all requirements for renovations and new construction, fire code requirements, elevator inspections, boiler inspections, backflow preventer certifications, and fire hydrants testing
- Serve as an essential employee and emergency contact for School operations, available 24/7 for notifications
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent decision making, troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Knowledge of environmental and safety rules, regulations, and policies
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people at all levels within the School
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively
- Bachelor's or Trade School Degree in engineering, building trades, or related field
- Three or more years of physical plant maintenance experience, which will preferably include time as a supervisor
- Experience in operational and strategic planning
- Indoor and outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Heavy lifting
- Some evening and weekend commitments
- Work with machinery
- Frequent bending, moving, and walking
- Standing up to eight hours a day
- Climbing ladders and working at heights
A completed application will contain the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for Three References
The completed application and other required documents should be submitted via the website and will be directed to Scott Chrysler, Director of Operations.
Hammond School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hammond School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Get fresh Facilities Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.