Line Cook / Station Line Chef
- Expired: December 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Line Cook / Station Line Chef
Essential Job Function-
Prepare any necessary food items for a la carte service in the Clubhouse Restaurants, any banquet items or items that are assigned by Sous Chef(s) or Executive Chef. Responsible for station mise en place, organization, cleanliness of work area and to uphold the quality of food standards set by the management team.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Prepares all required items as assigned by the Sous Chef(s) or Executive Chef.
- Prepares any necessary mise en place for a la carte line, banquets and special events.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, ensures that work area and storage areas are cleaned and maintained.
- Notifies management as soon as product shortages are noticed.
- Ensures that food products are utilized before spoilage occurs. Utilizes products to gain maximum profitability.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by upper management.
- Assists other cooks with their tasks.
- Covers, dates, labels, neatly stores products.
- Demonstrates the capability to produce platter presentations and displays while concentrating on height, dimension, culinary flare and arrangement flow.
- Maintains neat professional appearance and observes personal cleanliness rules at all times.
- Properly shuts down the kitchen upon completion of service.
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices to the highest standards. Adheres to health and sanitation standards at all times.
- Prepares items in accordance with established portion controls and presentation guidelines.
- Executes the menu (cooking of appetizers, soups, entrees) with efficiency.
- Prepares employee meal in accordance with club policy.
- Stays productive during slower times.
- Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements and personnel management to Executive Chef.
- Follow-up and see tasks through until completed.
- Showing the characteristics of being time oriented and punctual, at all aspects.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules, weekends, holidays, and overtime to reflect the business needs of the Club. Employees will be required to attend mandatory group and/or departmental meetings in addition to their regular work schedule as necessary. Some work will be outside.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities-
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES-
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, committees, suppliers, members, and employees.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Ability to walk, stand and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Culinary Graduate preferred.Experience-
- Prior experience as a Prep Cook or Line Cook.
- Must hold current Food Handlers or Safe Serve Certificate.
- Reports To. Sous Chef(s), followed by Executive Chef.
- Supervises. No Supervisory Responsibilities are assigned to this position.
- This position is not exempt from overtime.
Hammock Dunes Club
AddressPalm Coast, FL
Get fresh Line Cook / Station Line Chef jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.