- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hammer IT Consulting, Inc. is seeking an IT Specialist (Part-Time) that will troubleshoot and maintain the organizations network systems, as well as provide technical support to end-users regarding computer hardware and software.
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software and network-related problems encountered by end-users of the local and wide area network, the Internet, the mainframe, PCs and Macintoshes and new computer technology.
- Configures and installs Windows workstations and Macintosh operating systems in response to the demands of a complex network design.
- Works with and troubleshoots a number of software products.
- Setup and maintain IT Security Software Solutions, Firewalls, Routers, and Access Points.
- Trains end-users on the use and features of the various operating systems and applications on the various platforms.
- Performs primary network system administration on network servers as needed.
- Installs, certifies and troubleshoots network cabling infrastructure, including a wide variety of local area network equipment and software.
- Frequently works with vendors to resolve hardware operating system issues; researches and tests possible solutions and implements solutions.
- Works with software manufacturers to resolve application problems to meet end-user daily computing needs.
- Optimizes computer usage by researching and recommending enhancements to system capabilities and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field of study preferred.
- 2 years of direct work experience in a network environment.
- At least two major manufacturer certifications (Microsoft MCSA, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+).
- Strong problem identification, troubleshooting and problem resolutions skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Must possess a valid FL driver’s license and vehicle.
- Must display sophisticated writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and take on new responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hammer IT Consulting, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Hammer IT Consulting, Inc.