Project Manager (Trade Show and Event Coordination)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: Join the exciting world of trade shows and event marketing! Hamilton is seeking a Project Manager superstar to become part of our team! We are looking for a self-starter to take on the responsibility for managing and overseeing the execution of client projects and delivering them with care!
This is a very demanding position...are you up to the challenge?! As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation, tracking and documentation of client-specific projects. You will work closely with our clients and other departments to ensure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule and within budget. To be prepared for this position, you should have a background that includes business skills, management, budgeting and analysis.
- Work closely with stakeholders to clarify specific requirements of the project.
- Develop project scopes and objectives involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate with internal departments and external resources to ensure all aspects of the project are feasible and compatible, and that the finished product will meet or exceed our client’s needs.
- Act as central point of contact, exercising appropriate communication to manage any changes in the project scope, schedule and costs.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Set priorities to develop a work schedule that will meet the project goals.
- Develop detailed project plans to track and monitor the progress of the project to be shared with clients and staff.
- Continually track project performance to ensure the timely and successful completion of the project goals.
- Meet project budgetary objectives and consult with Client Team Director regarding any necessary adjustments related to financial considerations.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Measure project performance using established methods.
- Report and escalate project concerns to management as needed.
- Complete necessary paperwork and close file at completion of project.
- Evaluate situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, making clear, timely decisions.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to resolve the problem.
- Foster teamwork by working cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance overall effectiveness of the project.
- Positively lead and influence others to achieve positive results.
- Continually develop and improve leadership skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- A background in event management or project management is required.
- Working experience as a project manager in the trade show industry is strongly preferred.
- The successful candidate will have advanced time management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional client-facing and internal written, verbal, and listening skills are a must.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
- Leadership skills to keep employees assigned to your projects motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions.
- Ability to develop and maintain a budget.
9150 East 33rd StreetIndianapolis, IN
ConstructionView all jobs at Hamilton
Get fresh Trade Show Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.