Hamilton Storage Technologies Reno, NV
- Posted: 25 days ago
The Software Developer will be responsible for full software lifecycle support for robotics and automation. Interact with customers and software teams to assist with integration of our products into customers' workflow.
Essential Job Functions:
- Embedded programming experience using microprocessors.
- Motion control applications using CANopen and/ or EtherCAT.
- Multi-threading and multi-processor application development.
- Proficient with C / C++ / C# programming languages.
- Python programming language is a plus.
- Troubleshoot and debug products in both in-house production and in the field.
- Perform root cause analysis regardless if problem is software or hardware and be able to suggest interdisciplinary solutions.
- Responsible to learn, know and adhere to department and company standards and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding of OOD / OOP / Design patterns.
- Knowledge of motion controllers and system control theory.
- OCR/Vision experience is a plus.
- Basic Electrical and / or Mechanical skill set is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL and Database design is a plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as required to interface with other departments and company personnel in a service function.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English is essential.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer or related field
- 3 plus years' of experience.
HAMILTON Storage provides automation solutions to customers in life science and clinical research. The company develops modular, scalable systems that automate sample storage, management and processing. Hamilton provides all the benefits of advanced automation without the complexity associated with installing, operating and maintaining large-scale custom systems.
Acquired in 2007, HAMILTON Storage is headquartered in Franklin, Massachusetts, USA with R&D facilities co-existing in both Franklin, MA and Bonaduz, Switzerland. The decentralized R&D organization benefits both production and marketing, and allows Hamilton to stay close to the local markets and respond quickly to market needs.
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects.
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth.
- Commitment to sustainable design.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Excellent Benefit Package includes medical, dental, paid vacation time, paid sick time, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more.
- Solid Stable Company.
- Drug free workplace.
Learn more about us at: https://www.hamiltoncompany.com/automated-sample-management
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age 40 and over, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, religious preference, or veteran status in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Hamilton Storage Technologies
TechnologyView all jobs at Hamilton Storage Technologies