A career with Hamilton Storage ("HST") is an experience where our employees are energized and are aligned to provide best in class cold storage automation as well as automated bench top devices. Hamilton Storage is an innovative manufacturer and distributor of robotic freezers and benchtop devices to support laboratory automation. We are seeking an Engineer II, Field Service based in the Chicago area.
Hamilton Storage is a leading developer and manufacturer of products that service the Pharmaceutical, Research, and Agricultural industries. Our customers range from renowned academic institutions and government laboratories, to the world's leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology and clinical research organizations. With operations in Franklin Massachusetts, and Ems, Switzerland, we sell and service our products through a combination of direct and distribution channels to customers around the world.
The Engineer lll, Field Service is a dual role splitting commissioning, installation, and startup duties with secondary role of field service duties when systems are not being installed. both positions are world traveling positions, and both positions report to the same supervisor. The field service work is used for fill in work between installations. Past travel has been to Switzerland, Iceland, Australia, Norway, Germany, and all over the United States.
The Commissioning Role Overview:
- Three weeks onsite
- Power up system at warm.
- Hands-on troubleshooting at a system level.
- Daily updates, keep the back office team apprised of your progress.
- Perform and pass the warm IQ
- Return home for 3-4 weeks
- First week home perform FSE day trips as needed.
- Weeks 2 and 3 home perform overnight FSE trips as needed.
- Week 4 at home perform day FSE trips as needed.
- Return to site for 3 weeks
- Teach system cold.
- Troubleshoot at cold (-20C).
- Perform and pass the cold IQ
- Assist with SAT.
- Return home and repeat 3-5 times per year.
The Field Service Role:
- Hands-on troubleshoot at the component, assembly, and system level.
- Perform corrections and repairs.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Execute field upgrades for improved reliability as directed.
- Perform installations of smaller scale equipment as directed.
- Utilizes CRM to input and capture all service activity and create service reports.
- Provide feedback to Hamilton HQ on recommendations for system reliability improvements.
- Utilize a variety of electronic and/or mechanical test equipment.
- Complete and submit paperwork and expenses in a timely manner.
- Communicate with the customer to ensure complete satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions.
- Interface with cross-functional work teams such as R&D, Customer Service, Product Management, Manufacturing, and Sales.
- Follow company's ISO and Health & Safety procedures.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A high level of self motivation to assist customers, sales, and service people to overcome any problems that they may have which relate to our instruments in a timely manner.
- Be able to stay positive and not be discouraged by scrutiny and suggestions.
- Familiarity with automation in cold environments (-20C and -80C).
- Comfortable in confined spaces and still be aware of the environment.
- Comfortable working around live and wired systems.
- Excellent communication skills, which are appropriate for a customer-facing role.
- Must be able to make decisions and act for customers based on knowledge and experience.
- Must be capable of working under pressure without compromise.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team.
- Willing to travel and be flexible subject to business requirements.
- Position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects.
- Willingness to work additional hours and the flexibility to work overtime as and when required.
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering or similar discipline or equivalent professional experience-based knowledge.
- Experience in automation or similar is essential.
- Experience working with customers in the life science/clinical/pharmaceutical field would be an advantage.
- Beckhoff Twin CAT, Elmo Studio, Vision Sytems, and barcode reading would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Windows enviroment, Active directory, SQL databases, IP addressing, Remote Desktop Protocols, and Driver Support would also be an advantage.
- Understand the system as a whole. Mechanically, electronically, sensors, motors, power distribution, software, configurations, backups, etc.
- Must be able to read schematics and assembly drawings.
- Domestic and international travel is required. Installation travel is typically three to five times per year consisting of 3 week durations on site.
- Field Service travel is roughly 50% travel and is typically not scheduled immediately following an installation project.
Learn more about us @:www.hamiltoncompany.com.
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age 40 and over, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, religious preference, or veteran status in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Hamilton Storage Technologies