Seeking a DE certified Underwriter - REMOTE
We are a leading direct mortgage lender offering an array of home loans including Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo, USDA, Finance to purchase, etc. We have been in business since 1992 under the leadership of the founding President. We are a top ranked Lender in the state of Connecticut because we have an outstanding reputation for quality of service. We pride ourselves on hosting an amazing culture, committed to equipping our team with the best resources to ensure we perform at our best. Awarded a top place of work for the past 6 consecutive years.
Location: 100% remote with our company headquarters in West Hartford, CT
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Competitive base $90K - $115K with monthly performance bonus for $75 on every closed file. On average most underwriters take home between $130-$150K for their annual total earnings.
- Flexible Work culture, with tenure employees receiving 4 weeks PTO – so we value hard work, but take excellent care of our own
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Benefits with all employees getting their base package 100% covered by the company
- Stability/ Growth - we promote from within
- 100% Remote we will mail you your work equipment
- 401K Company Match
What You Will Be Doing
- Apply and interpret company underwriting guidelines and makes sound credit decision.
- Completes credit, analysis of income, analysis of property, ensures proper audits are completed and verify consistency of loan file information.
- Perform thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Company and Investor guidelines.
- Ensure property meets investor guidelines and the appraisal quality and completeness is acceptable.
- Review and evaluate credit information on mortgage loan documents to determine acceptability for specific loan programs.
What You Need for this Position
- 5 - 10 + years of Underwriting experience
- Able to work 100% Remote
- DE Certification
- Perk for an Active VA LAPP/SAP but not a Requirement
- Experience with Encompass