Hamilton Porter is a national technical recruiting firm that partners with a variety of companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500's. Due to growth, one of our TOP clients is actively looking to hire a full-time Senior Data Engineer to their team. Our client builds industry-leading products and tools that help digital marketers better communicate with their leads and followers.
You will be the first true Data Engineer on our client's team and be working with a small team of data scientists and software engineers to drive new product innovation by pushing the limits of current big data capabilities. You will be the liaison between data science and the R&D team. One of the first major tasks for this Data Engineer will be to help join, clean, and analyze two massive but disparate data sets. By joining these data sets, it will unlock a wide array of monetization options and help drive revenue for the company. On top of the exciting day-to-day work in this role, you will be also be allowed to work 100% remotely from anywhere in the US (Eastern Time Zone preferred).
Technical Environment & Tools currently being used:
- AWS (DynamoDB, RDS, S3), SQL (Snowflake, Redshift), Python/Jupyter, R/RStudio, Bash, Airflow, Linux, Spark
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong understanding of building, managing, supporting and optimizing an enterprise data platform
- Ability to collaborate with the team to research and implement new tools to improve current processes, build and develop data models, and create real-time data solutions with the aim of improving efficiency and accuracy across the team
- Experience with data validation, ingestion, and acquisition
- Experience working with and managing AWS servers
- Experience developing processes for automating, testing, and deploying work
- Ability to set up, troubleshoot and optimize Airflow
- Prior, Detailed Experience with SQL (Cleaning, joining, confirming the accuracy of data)
- Experience working remotely and collaborating with other remote employees
Compensation, Perks, Benefits…
- Competitive Annual Salary ($90k - $140k DOE) + Bonus (approx 10%)
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision - 100% covered for employees & dependents - WOW!)
- Ability to work from home 100% of the time
- Generous PTO plan with holidays, personal days, and more
- 401k plan
We are looking to interview and hire ASAP. Please apply today! This is a role with a great opportunity for growth and direct impact on our organization.