Hamilton Porter is a national talent acqusition consultancy that partners closely with technology companies from across the US to help them find and hire top engineering talent for their teams. We are happy to announce that we are actively recruiting and hiring on behalf of an Orange County based organization that provides a unified solution that analyzes data from video cameras and IoT devices to provide actionable insights that improve security measures and boost top line growth and operational efficiencies. Their platform is seeing widespread adoption and growth across a myriad of different industries and continents. Due to growth, we are looking to hire a Lead DevOps Engineer to join the team on a full-time, permanent basis. Our client is a big proponent of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and has an extremely partnership with the cloud team at Google. Please read on for more details!
- Provide active leadership, direction and accountability for platform architecture, system design and end-to-end implementation to meet and exceed the product non-functional requirements including quality, security, reliability, availability and performance.
- Optimizing day-to-day activities to reliably support product roll out and operation through automation and mentoring other staff SRE to adopt and implement the devops culture.
- Evangelize the SRE mindset and system design in order to implement technology solutions that will maximize performance and availability of our environment
- Design and implement monitoring and recovery tools to provide for site high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR)
- Design and implement security engineering best practices in all our deployed platform and environments
- Triage alerts & diagnose/resolve critical issues, manage implementation of changes
- Develop continuous integration/continuous deployment orchestration system to reduce friction for software delivery to production
Technologies and tools that you will see in our environment:
- React, Go, Git, Bitbucket, Python, No-SQL Databases, Docker, Kuberentes and monitoring tools like New Relic and Stack Driver. GCP, Prometheus, New Relic, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Linux, and more (please note, it's not a requirement to have experience with all of these technologies)
- 10+ years of experience in infrastructure, system engineering, QA/testing automation, DevOps / Site Reliability, etc..
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform
- Advanced level of knowledge of Docker technologies including experience in optimizing Docker image and managing Docker image lifecycle
- API and front end testing automation
- Microservices lifecycle management (integration, testing, deployment)
- Strong experience in at least 3 of the following sets of logging and monitoring tools: ELK stack, Prometheus, Stackdriver, New Relic, Datadog, Dynatrace
- Advanced level of knowledge for software release tooling to include but not limited to Bitbucket, Jenkins, Cloud Build, Spinnaker
- Demonstrable and subject matter expert with experience in testing methodology, testing automation framework
- Advanced level of Linux/Unix experience
- Experience in designing, analyzing, scaling and troubleshooting large scale distributed system
- Well versed with SRE methodologies and passionate about solving operation problems through automation and software engineering
- Strong understanding of cloud native architecture and microservices design and deployment pattern
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Annual Salary ($130,000 - $165,000 DOE)
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Excellent PTO plan - 4 weeks vacation, 3 weeks sick time, paid major holidays
- 401k matching @ 4%
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc..)
- Strong emphasis on work-life balance...no engineering burn out here
- Free food, snacks, drinks, gameroom, casual office environment, and more!
Please apply today for consideration! This role will be remote (work from home) until it is deemed safe to re-open the office in Irvine.