Hamilton Porter is a boutique recruiting firm that partners with a variety of companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500's. Due to growth, one of our top clients is actively looking to hire a full-time Cloud Systems Administrator to join their team. Our client builds industry-leading products and tools that help digital marketers better communicate with their leads and followers. This is a Junior-Mid level opportunity and it is a 100% telecommute / remote position that can be worked from anywhere in the United States. This will be a fast paced role that will require someone that loves to continually learn and is highly motivated. You will be mentored and trained by other team members and will learn valuable cloud / DevOps skills in an AWS heavy environment.
- Design, coordinate, and participate in the implementation of technologies and platforms supporting a complex infrastructure
- Provide guidance and recommendations for evolving the design, build, test and deployment of a highly-available, scalable, fault-tolerant and secure cloud computing environment.
- Maintain multiple Production and Staging environments in multiple data centers
- Regularly test the restoration of systems from backups to ensure systems will meet recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives
- Regularly test the restoration of cloud service resiliency, including failover to secondary systems
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively using a variety of tools
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports and root cause analysis reports
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of all systems and procedures to manage systems
- Administer systems using automated configuration management utilities
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Supporting the lead Systems Administrator as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or other related fields of study or equivalent experience.
- Deep knowledge of Linux-based systems administration (Debian, Redhat, CentOS).
- Solid understanding of networking in a complex virtualized environment
- Experience with AWS
- Demonstrated experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Strong demonstrated experience with design, operating and troubleshooting of a complex virtualized environment.
- Provide emergency support as needed with rotating on-call duties on nights and weekends.
- Capable of staying focused in a work-from-home environment.
- Knowledge of different DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake DB, DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of basic IP Networking and Routing (DNS, VPN, LAN)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform / CloudFormation) experience
- Proficiency in 1 or more of the following scripting languages: Python, NodeJS, PHP, R, Bash
- Proficiency using a UNIX based shell
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Annual Salary ($60k - $80k) + Bonus (approx 10%)
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision - 100% covered for employees & dependents - WOW!)
- Ability to work from home 100% of the time
- Generous PTO plan with holidays, personal days, and more
- 401k plan
We are looking to interview and hire ASAP. This is a fantastic opportunity with lots of growth potential, please apply with your resume!