Hamilton Juffer + Associates llp Des Moines, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hamilton Juffer + Associates llp is seeking a full-time administrative assistant. HJA is a small tax firm that offers competitive pay and benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) matching, and paid holidays and vacation. Our office is located on the 24th floor of the Ruan building in the heart of downtown Des Moines.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phone calls, retrieving faxes, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Assembling tax documents, handling correspondence, invoicing, filing, etc.
- Maintaining our database of clients as well as our tax due date list.
- Assisting with mass mailings, including email blasts as well as physical mailings.
- Assisting with planning company events.
- Providing tech support to clients using our portal or other software.
- Assisting with our website and social media as needed.
- Maintaining our office supply inventory and ordering supplies.
- Keeping the kitchen and coffee nook stocked.
- Monitoring our fish tank for any issues.
- Providing administrative support to our team by performing various tasks as needed.
Minimum requirements include strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to multi-task while still paying attention to detail, familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel, and a sworn blood oath to never use your pet’s name as a password. It would also behoove you to know how to Google, because although you will never have all the answers, you may be expected to find them.
A sunny disposition is expected in front of our clients but extroversion is NOT a job requirement. A neutral expression will not be construed by your supervisor as a negative attitude. We value ability, consistency, integrity, and reliability. The right candidate will be flexible and able to adapt to change.
If you are searching for a long-term position in a small company with job security, excellent benefits, and a very nice fish tank, we would love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your submission will be read by actual human beings.
Things to note:
This is an administrative job with a small company; thus, there is no corporate ladder to climb.
Some overtime is expected during our busy seasons, which fall from January 1st through April 15th and August 1st through October 15th.
Compensation will be based on level of experience.
Hamilton Juffer + Associates llpWhy Work Here?
HJA is a small tax firm that offers competitive pay and benefits including everything you'd expect plus paid holidays and vacation.
666 Grand AvenueDes Moines, IA
BusinessView all jobs at Hamilton Juffer + Associates llp