Certified Medical Assistant - On Site Clinician
- $22 to $32 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance
Hamilton Health Box (HHB) is a rapidly growing private equity-backed healthcare startup operating hybrid telemedicine-enabled primary care clinics for small and medium businesses and rural markets across the country. Our goal is to find high potential individuals to drive a high-touch, low-cost healthcare experience for all of our patients and clients.
This position, located in Anchorage, AK, is accountable to the Pod Manager, The On-Site Clinician (OSC) is responsible for carrying out the daily clinical and administrative operations of a Hamilton Health Box location. This includes interacting with patients for scheduling and follow up, delivering protocol-driven care as ordered by the Provider, and implementing initiatives like preventative screening and health education. The OSC may also be coordinating care delivery with pharmacy services and referral networks to deliver excellent, efficient care to our patients. The OSC will communicate barriers to effective care to the Pod Manager, and be committed to training and skill development. The OSC will also need to build and maintain interpersonal relationships with staff, providers, patients and the local community in a manner designed to project a positive image of Hamilton Health Box. There may be travel required to local locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure employees receive appropriate care and programs.
- Formulate individualized programs based on health risk assessment results while targeting high need departments with programs and interventions and adjusting programs as needed.
- Assist with annual physicals and placement examinations, complete screenings, testing, and results reporting.
- Help schedule and complete follow-up exams, return to work exams, and consultation.
- Coordinate client referrals to other providers. Either arrange or perform follow-up evaluations of employees with detailed documentation of progress. Document in each employee's medical record.
- Participate in formal classes for groups of employees. Coordinate health fairs, conduct training sessions for regulatory requirements.
- Collect and interpret data on one-on-ones and program offerings assuring tabulations of utilization and evaluations are timely and thoroughly documented.
- Provide one-on-one counseling/coaching with clients. Provide and interpret screening services as needed consulting the client with results and actions to take.
- Consult with employees regarding health awareness, education, and care navigation.
- Consult with internal and external partners to provide care navigation. Build teams and partnerships.
- Ensure a safe working environment for self and coworkers by following regulatory agency and organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities within the job class as requested by the PA/Nurse/Medical Assistant.
- Able to work within electronic medical records and other software solutions to register patients, document visits and health education.
- Certified Medical Assistant - valid & current certification
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) recommended.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels throughout an organization.
- Ensure business is conducted in a timely, confidential, courteous, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction and chronic condition.
- Optimistic, understanding, innovative, conscientious.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, employees, and the public.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid sick time
- Paid vacation
- Travel reimbursement
- On Demand Payments - access to earned wages prior to pay day
- Primary Care
- On Site
- Weekdays; Day
- Clinic location in Anchorage
Hamilton Health Box
3800 Centerpoint DriveAnchorage, AK
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.