Location: Syracuse, KS
More than just a technical expert, we view the primary job of the nursing leader as removing obstacles in order to provide excellent care to our patients.
- The director of nursing is responsible for the overall supervision, competency, education, and evaluation of licensed and non-licensed staff delivering patient care.
- Responsible for the supervision of the coordination of all patient care services of the hospital.
- Accountable for direct oversight and/or identification and oversight of qualified nursing staff in the facility, including infection control, discharge planning, case management, swing bed program coordination, employee health and education, ED Management, and med room management.
- Drives and ensures adherence to all policies and procedures affecting patient care
- "Hands-on" Manager who is also willing to jump in and help his or her staff on the floor when needed
- Minimum associates degree
- Proven experience as a director of nursing or clinic manager
- A registered nurse in good standing in the state of Kansas
- Critical Access Hospital experience preferred
- The successful applicant will have a track record of measurable achievements and sustained results.
- The position requires full knowledge of the clinical and regulatory aspects of delivering ER, and acute nursing service to an array of patients.