Engineering Manager (ELSCO)
- Vision , Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Hamilton Associates, a diverse, growth-oriented, Lean-driven, ISO-Certified manufacturing company is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team. For additional information about our Company and each of our divisions and our product lines, please visit our websites at www.hamiltonassoc.com, www.elscoguides.com, www.atitest.com, and www.dirtkiller.com.
Elevator Safety Company (ELSCO), a division of Hamilton Associates, Inc., is the leading designer and manufacturer of roller guides and swivel sliding guide shoes used by elevator manufacturers and building contractors worldwide. As a result of our 60+ years of success and continuing growth within our industry, ELSCO is recognized as a leader in providing superior, consistent and responsive customer service. To further solidify and strengthen this part of ELSCO's brand promise, the Company is building an organizational culture of teamwork, engagement, learning, and continuous improvement/ innovation.
As our Engineering Manager, this individual will report to the President of ELSCO. This individual will set the standard for providing guidance and oversight to a team of engineers and technical personnel. With a strong technical foundation in ELSCO's product mix, technical leadership will be provided to a team of mechanical engineers. Additionally, routine prioritization of the engineering department's workload will be required in close coordination with ELSCO's Director of Engineering & Operations and Director of Product Management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide guidance and coaching to the engineering team by:
* Motivating team and building engagement through empowerment and supporting ownership of projects and tasks
* Ensuring quality of work through training, process, continuous improvement, and
* Training, coaching, and mentoring junior engineers to develop them into high performing team members
* Promoting team and individual accountability
* Conducting regular one-on-one feedback discussions related to performance
* Managing career development for engineering staff - timely and insightful reviews and bonus plans for salaried staff
* Ensuring HR policy is clearly understood and consistently implemented
* Identifying training needs and implementing as required
* Leading by example and uphold the Hamilton Core Values
Act as the voice of the Engineering group and provide company-wide technical support by:
* Designing mechanical systems and components as necessary to meet product specifications using CAD, simulation, and other tools as appropriate
* Identifying and pursuing new technologies that would benefit design efforts
* Promoting adherence to and actively participates in the New Product Development Process with the help of product management and senior leaders
* Providing trouble-shooting and technical evaluation of existing, new, and custom products
* Preparing part and assembly drawings and provide support to manufacturing engineering during transfer to operations activities
* Processing engineering change orders, part number requests, and bills of material using ERP systems
* Interfacing with and evaluating suppliers
Organize day-to-day and long-term team activity by:
* Defining the core responsibilities for the group
* Keeping the group focused on the activities that support overall company strategy
* Working closely with the Leadership Team to prioritize projects and tasks
Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICIATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Background and Skills Required:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering
* Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, including minimum of 3 years engineering management experience or core skills and demonstrated success in project management, with a strong desire for growth in this area
* Aptitude and a career desire for managing the performance of other engineers and technical support personnel
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
* Interpersonal skills; ability to develop rapport with employees, partners, and suppliers
* Strong aptitude to understand and solve complex technical problems and challenges
* Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations
* High level of integrity, responsibility, and conscientiousness
* An orientation toward teamwork, customer service, learning, and continuous improvement
* Strong 3D CAD modeling ability and experience with Autodesk Inventor
Additional Background and Skills Preferred:
* Knowledge of Lean manufacturing
* Master's degree in a relevant technical field
* Experience with design, production, and/or testing of iron and aluminum castings
* Experience with ERP systems
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
* Some Standing
* Frequent Sedentary Work
* Occasional lifting of 35-50 pounds repetitively
* Ability to lift up to 70 pounds with assistance
* Visual Acuity
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive compensation package in addition to a comprehensive benefits program including health insurance, 401(k) plan with matching and profit sharing, generous paid time off (PTO) policy, life & disability coverage, plus much more!
If you are a driven, results-oriented individual seeking an opportunity to play a key role in the continuing growth of a reputable organization, please forward your resume, in WORD or PDF format, along with your salary history/requirements, to us for immediate consideration
ELEVATOR SAFETY COMPANY (ELSCO)
A Division of Hamilton Associates, Inc.
11403 Cronridge Drive
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117
Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Hamilton AssociatesOwings Mills, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.