- $23 to $30 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Hamilton Animal Hospital is looking for a Veterinary Technician to join our team!
About Our Hospital: Hamilton Animal Hospital is located in Huntington Beach, CA. We are just 5 minutes away from the surf! At our hospital we offer general services, urgent care services, and surgical procedures including dentistry. We are a 5 doctor practice and are open 7 days a week.
Our Values and Mission: At Hamilton Animal Hospital our mission is to provide excellent medical care for dogs and cats in an atmosphere where patients and clients are cared for genuinely and compassionately. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care, and health-related educational opportunities for our clients. We are seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician who shares our energy, drive and ambition and who will meaningfully contribute to our growth and success.
Position Overview: The Veterinary Technician supports the hospital by providing dedicated quality veterinary care and extraordinary service to our patients and clients. As a Veterinary Technician, you will fully assist the DVMs to help improve the quality of care to the patients, and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work at the Veterinary Hospital. We are looking for a friendly, team-oriented person, who can provide leadership in our hospital!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in determining animal requirements by helping conduct animal examinations, restraining patients, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering vaccines, providing wound care management, and bandaging
- Assembling required supplies and instruments for procedures
- Fill prescriptions and administer PO, SQ, IM, IV medications, including proper documentation, logging, and security of controlled drugs
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by following documented standards and procedures in compliance with applicable legal regulations
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients' conditions, reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to demonstrate and follow procedures in catheter placement and phlebotomy
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 1 year of veterinary technician experience
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs and calculations
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors
Available Schedule: Full-time position
- We are open: M-F from 7am-7pm
- Saturday from 8am-5pm
- Sunday from 9am-4pm
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience ($23.00 - $30.00 per hour)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k + company match
- Paid time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Professional development support
- Mental health assistance
- Employee discounts on veterinary services
- Scrub allowance
- Positive and supportive work environment!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!
Hamilton Animal Hospital is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Reference ID: CPP-0000181
Hamilton Animal HospitalHuntington Beach, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.