(3) Front-End Clerk - Lead Level
Hames Corporation Sitka, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HAMES CORPORATIONand its affiliated and subsidiary companies - Sitka/Ketchikan Alaska
The spirit of Alaska isn't just in our store. It's in our DNA. Forged by independence. Furthered by hard work. Rooted in a legacy that extends back to 1949 when Clarence and Hopewell Rands opened shop in Sitka. Much has changed over the past six-plus decades. But one thing remains the same: our commitment to our customers and our community. Today,Hames Corporation is afourth-generation family-owned and operated company, and we aremuch more than the region's number one grocer. We're a gathering place for doughnuts and coffee. A supporter of local charities, sports teams, education and the arts. A member of the world community with relief efforts for natural disasters. We invest in our employees and empower them to do whatever it takes to delight our customers. At Hames Corporation, we're a family.
Our employees are part of our extended family, joined by the common goal of delivering service that goes above and beyond. In addition to providing competitive compensation, good benefits and flexibility, we empower every employee to do what it takes to delight our customers, whether chasing down a specific item or ordering in a special treat for a landmark occasion. Alaska has long been known for amazing natural resources. At our company, it just happens to include the human variety.
The Front-End Clerk III position allows you the opportunity to provide superior customer service by way of responding to customer inquiries, providing support throughout their shopping experience including promoting our customer loyalty plan, processing sales and returns using a cash register, and addressing customer complaints when they arise. To be successful in this position you must be someone who cares about our customers shopping experience, andan individual who willstrive to make it the best one possible. If this sounds like you, we invite you to join our team and help usprovide thefriendliest, mostupbeat customer service to our community and patrons alike.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
The essential duties of the Front-End Clerk III consist of, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- To efficiently process each customer grocery order. Error free and resulting in a happy and satisfied customer.
- To provide the best customer service possible.
- When handling change make sure it's properly counted back to the customer and placed in the customer's hand.
- When necessary, properly bag and separate customer's goods (dry, frozen, cool).
- When you are checking the customer. Ask the customer, "Is that everything for you today Mrs. Jones?" This is to seek further needs of the customer.
- To accomplish stocking the check lanes when required.
- When requested, maintain the cleanliness and stocking of the hospitality table.
- To complete your work in a prompt, ethical and prudent manner.
- Remains alert at all times for suspicious customers.
- Arrive at work on time and leave per scheduled time unless otherwise directed.
- Making it understood with all the employees that come in contact with customers, that THE CUSTOMER IS THE FIRST PRIORITY; that the store is in the forefront of that activity; and that every member of the team id here to fully support that priority with prompt and friendly service.
- Responsible for conducting himself/herself in a manner that follows all store and company policies and procedures.
- Reports in a neat, well-groomed personal appearance and observe the company dress code.
- Attends meetings when scheduled, with other team members to keep informed on those matters which affect the successful performance of his/her job and of the status of the store and the company as a whole.
- Greet the customers that are within 10 feet of you.
- To assist in the training of new checker cashiers as directed by the Front-End Shift Supervisor. This will include training in the proper performance of their jobs, in company rules, regulations and policies, and in job safety.
- Keep check stand area clean at all times and free of clutter, this includes, but not limited to coffee cups, go backs, receipts, hand baskets, carts, grocery items, or any other items that do not belong there.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable in and able to recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce carried in the store including differences between varieties of similar cases of products.
- Process all of the various types of sales transactions accepted by the store including but not necessarily limited to cash, checks, authorized Accounts Receivable sales, EBT transactions, WIC coupons, Food Stamps, manufacturers' coupons, gift certificates, etc. in strict accordance with established company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements or regulations governing the same.
- Process refunds as applicable.
- Be consistent with the three (3) deep rule; when you have two or more in line, call for backup assistance.
- Maintain the UPC log for any mis-scanned or mis-priced items.
- Be attentive to the customer. This includes looking the person in the eyes and listening to their needs so as to accommodate them.
- Do not chew gum while in the check lanes.
- Visiting with friends in the check lanes is forbidden.
- Keep your behavior in a professional manner.
- Stay productive during idle times.
- Perform any other duty or task as may be assigned from time to time by theFront-End Manager or Front-End Shift Supervisor.
PHYSICAL AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the people skills to with customers and associates in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic math skills, friendly personality, and good use of the English language.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables under stressful circumstances, dealing with customer complaints, and in circumstances where only limited standards or policies exist.
- This position requires an individual capable of sitting, standing for extensive period of time, walking, bending, climbing stairs, and carrying loads up to25 pounds including the use of hands andfingers to feel, use cash registers, and other related machines.
- Must be able to speak and communicate clearly.
- This position might require early morning, late nights and working holidays and weekends.
- Must have a good understanding and use of thecash register.
- Ability to hear, speak, read, write, analyze, interpret, and understand in English in order to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to communicate effectively with department associates, the store's co-workers and customers.
- Must possess the math skills necessary to handle sales transactions, tender change, verify vendor invoice charges, and be able to balance cash receipts or troubleshoot errors or discrepancies in cash or column balance.
- Must be able to react to price and accuracy scanning errors.
The work environment will be completed in a climate-controlled retail store environment; on occasion work environment may include occasional exposure to outdoor areas during rain, cold, sunny, warm or freezing conditions in order to accomplish tasks as hand.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
TechnologyView all jobs at Hames Corporation