Clinical Nurse Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
Our client is looking for a Clinical Nurse Coordinator to assist and support the clinical team in providing quality patient care, especially in the areas of assessing, planning, and implementation. The Clinical Nurse Coordinator acts as a leader, providing direct participant care and supervising Medical Assistants as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Assists Nurse Manager in ensuring efficiency and proper use of appointments in the provider schedules.
- Assists Nurse Manager and Director of Operations in coordinating patient flow, ensuring clinic efficiency.
- Fosters communication and collaboration among members of the clinical team.
- Plays an active role in developing and implementing a patient’s plan of care.
- Assists Medical Providers and Administrative Staff in formulating goals and objectives to deliver the most accurate and timely medical care possible.
- Provides patients with necessary health education and discharge instructions, whether in person or via telephone.
- Assists the Medical Providers in refilling patient prescriptions and obtaining prior authorizations.
- Collaborates with the Medical Assistants and Medical Providers to provide patients with lab and imaging results, as well as respond to medical requests by patients and outside entities.
- Collaborates with the Medical Assistants and Medical Providers to complete any forms or paperwork deemed necessary by patients, schools, or healthcare entities.
- Provides any support required by the Medical Provider, while functioning within the role of registered nurse, to ensure optimal patient care.
- Collaborates with referral specialists in specialty referral, including at times generating referrals per the request of a Medical Provider.
- May directly supervise Medical Assistants, per the discretion of the Nurse Manager for the clinic.
- Ensures timely and proper acquisition, storage and dispensing of pharmaceuticals and other supplies.
- Assists with the clinic’s vaccine program and specialty pharmaceutical services.
- Supports and participates in Quality Assurance activities.
- May assist in employee health activities.
- Assists the Nurse Manager in the supervision of Medical Assistants in clinic.
- Performs other duties determined as necessary by the Nurse Manager, Director of Clinical Services or Vice President of Nursing.
- Registered Nurse, B.S. in Nursing preferred, and must be licensed to practice nursing in the District of Columbia or Maryland (second licensure required 6 months after hire).
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in working in community health setting with immigrant populations and/or maternal-child health a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English highly desired.
Hamdan Resources, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA), making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship and/or authorization to work within the U.S.is required for most positions.
Powered by JazzHR
HealthcareView all jobs at Hamdan Resources