The Retail Merchandiser is a part-time position that performs service work in the Hallmark department in various retail stores such as grocery stores, drug stores, department stores and mass retailers. These positions do not service Hallmark Card Shops.
To view the Retail Merchandiser Career Profile video: Click Here at https://fieldjobs-hallmark.greatjob.net/merchandiser
This is your opportunity to represent the world's best-known greeting card brand and develop retailer relationships in your community. Hallmark provides paid training, paid travel time and mileage reimbursement between stores and access to a variety of corporate discounts.
There are three major components of this PART-TIME position:
1. Day to DayService:
2. Productmerchandising:Youwillhandleallaspects of product merchandisingwithin your assignedstores.Youwill use a Hallmark-issued,hand-heldmobiledevice to replenish,straighten and trackinventory of Hallmarkproducts.Thiscouldincludeproductsplacedinside the Hallmarkdepartment or withinotherareas of the store.
3. Storeemployee and customerinteraction:Youmust interact in a professionalmanner with storeemployees,storemanagement and customerswhilein the store.
4. Schedule:YourTerritorySupervisorwillclarify your specificschedule. Work istypicallyscheduled Monday throughFridayduring the day andhourswill increase duringholidayperiods.
6. Hallmark'sbusinessisseasondriven.Yourscheduled days and hours willincrease the week before and after the followingholidays - Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween,Thanksgiving and Christmas.
7. Youmay be required to work on the actualholidayforValentine's Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day.
8. Department Remodels and Resets:
9. Occasionally, you may be required to be a part of an installationteam and work on activities to include, but not limited to, buildingHallmarkfixtures,movingcarddepartments,installingfixtures and productandremodelingcarddepartments.
10. Typically you will receive at least a 2-week notice forremodel/resetwork.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
This is a physically demanding job that requires a high level of energy and a sense of urgency. You will be working on the selling floor as well as in back stockrooms. You must be able to consistently push, pull, lift, and carry cartons, merchandise and display fixtures up to 30 pounds throughout the work day and up to 50 pounds on occasion. You will also be required to stoop, squat, walk, and stand throughout your work day, and you may be required to climb stairs and step ladders.
REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
- Access to a Wi-Finetwork and the internet
- Able to operatehand-heldtechnologyprovided to open and readdocuments and interpretinformation
- Flexibility to work a changingworkschedule that mayinclude an occasionalevening or weekend
- Reliabletransportation to report to assignedlocationsasscheduled
- Eligible to workin the UnitedStates
- Able to read,understand and communicateinEnglish
- Atleast18 years of age
- HighSchoolDiploma/GED or equivalent
- May be required to work the weekbefore and the week after majorholidays