Experienced Domestic Relations Associate Attorney
Halligan LLC Denver, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
Seeking an Associate Domestic Relations Attorney
Our family law firm is seeking a superbly talented Colorado family law attorney who is skilled at advocating on behalf of clients going through a divorce or facing post-decree issues. Our associates work directly with the Owner and the rest of the Legal Team to ensure we are meeting our commitments to clients. Candidates must have practiced Colorado Family Law for a minimum of one year and be highly familiar with the cadence of pre-decree and post-decree domestic relations matters.
We have a dynamic and engaging work environment that encourages autonomy and growth. Our Associates carry a lower-than-average caseload and are encouraged to leverage their position of leadership through assignment, delegation, training, and mentoring of Paralegal and support staff. We don't send late-night emails or expect you to give up your personal life. Unlike other firms, we consider "Paid Time Off" to mean exactly that! Billable hour requirements are prorated. There's no expectation that a person needs to "make up" that billable time upon their return from holidays and/or PTO.
While most law firms were left scratching their heads at the beginning of the pandemic, our team transitioned to our home offices overnight. We were ahead of the curve, paperless with the best cloud-based practices already in place before many law firms had even begun considering how to make that possible. Today, our attorneys enjoy the flexibility they have to serve their clients' needs from their home offices or from our convenient Denver office location.
Be the Opportunity in Someone's Life!
Our firm makes a real difference in the lives of our clients! Bring your own professional experience to bear and take part in bridging the gap between heartache and hope for these families!
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a highly competitive base salary, based on skill and relevant experience. Our generous incentive and origination bonus programs provide an opportunity to further increase your salary potential. Your benefits package also includes payment of your annual attorney registration dues, medical, dental, and vision plans, along with a Health Savings Account, Paid Time Off, and a 401k plan (with employer match) in which you'll be fully vested this year. Don't miss this opportunity to further your career in 2021 by joining our uniquely enterprising, female-owned law firm!Compensation:
$80,000 - $200,000+Responsibilities:
How You'll Make a Difference
- Develop and implement strategies that assist clients in resolving their matter
- Work closely with Paralegals to leverage their skills and minimize client costs by delegating accordingly
- Draft, review, revise motions, pleadings, orders, judgments, and status updates
- Oversee and analyze discovery
- Frequently represent clients in court during motions, various types of hearings, and occasionally during trials
- May also conduct initial consultations with prospective clients
- Serve as the principal contact between the firm and its clients
- Review motions, letters, and documents substantively drafted and prepared by your Paralegal
- Exercise leadership in developing the skills of Paralegals/Legal Assistants through regular case management meetings and coaching
- Build your own reputation in the industry through networking and professional associations
If these statements apply to you, then you may be the attorney we're seeking:
- You are empathetic but able to maintain a cool head and perspective
- You are comfortable working with opposing counsel
- You maintain your composure when under pressure
- You like to work as a member of the team
- You freely share your own knowledge and also enjoy considering other perspectives
- You have a need-to-know about your cases and are keenly aware of their details and nuances
- Your middle name is “No Drama”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You are proud of your organizational skills and have developed best practices to effectively manage competing priorities
- You have a solid foundation with deep experience in the practice of family law in the state of Colorado
Please prepare a cover letter describing what you believe to be the top 3 goals/priorities for any family law attorney, why you believe they are so important, and the qualities you possess that help you achieve them. In your closing paragraph, please explain why you applied to this specific ad.About Company
Halligan LLC exclusively practices Family Law. While many firms have several areas of focus, we believe that by being a Jack-of-all-Trades the attorney is an Expert-at-None.
We purposely maintain a smaller than average caseload for our attorneys so that we can be more effective at identifying all the important details about each client's matter that could otherwise be missed in the rush of deadlines that is so common when carrying a heavier caseload.
Our experience with complex and nuanced issues such as UCCJEA, hidden assets, receiverships, and business interests in divorce set us apart from other Family Law firms.
Employees are able to grow and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where recognition for individual achievements is valued and ongoing opportunities for growth through coaching and leadership abound.
BusinessView all jobs at Halligan LLC