We have current career opportunities for conscientious customer focused team players with excellent driving habits, and above average attention to detail and written / verbal communication skills. We strive to hire from within, and as we are continually growing we are always on the lookout for highly motivated exceptional people with aspirations of being promoted into supervisory and management positions.
Safe, professional and courteous transportation for BNSF Rail crews throughout the GVRD Lower Mainland and Blaine, Bellingham and Everett Washington USA.
Job Type / Category
We have full time, part-time and on-call work, with preference given to candidates available for evenings and weekends.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
*** Please ensure that you meet all of the following criteria in-order to be considered a potential candidate ***
- Must hold a valid Class 4 driver’s license or higher Class 1 or 2 - (No Air - Brake Endorsement required)
- Must be able to pass Criminal Records (CPIC) Security Screening (free of charge)
- Must have a valid Passport (free passport renewal)and/or enhanced driver’s license, with the ability to legally cross the border into the U.S.A.
- Must have a clean or near-clean Driver’s Abstract (free from ICBC)
- Must provide safe and professional customer service
- Must adhere to MVA, PTB, NSC and BNSF safety compliance standards
- Must reside in the GVRD or FVRD area
- It is considered an asset if you have experience with the Smith System Defensive Driving method.*
Hallcon Corporation has been around since 1946, and we are proud to provide essential transportation services (24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year) to all the major Railroad companies throughout Canada and the United States.
We have become experts at ensuring Railway Crews (Engineers and Conductors) are transported to and from their freight trains safely, efficiently and with the utmost care and professionalism.
Benefits of joining us:
- Starting pay rate is $20.40 hour.
- (We reimburse you the cost of you acquiring your Class 4 License after 3 months of active employment with us if you do not have a Class 4)
- We offer flexible full time (on call) and part time positions both day or night shift
- Work 1 or more shifts a week (conditions apply- based on your availability and our operational needs and scheduling requirements, working Sunday/Monday day shift can be accommodated)
- Pro-active management, training, coaching and mentoring provided to ensure your continued success
- Safe, well maintained modern late model SUV fleet
- No heavy lifting or hand bombing - just driving
- Employee recognition, reward and referral program
- Promotion and advancement opportunities based on merit, skill and job performance - not seniority
- 24 hour live dispatching
- Depots across Canada with relocation opportunities for the right candidate