HallKeen Management is seeking a high-energy, hands-on Full-Time Resident Service Coordinator (RSC) to work on-site at a busy family apartment community in Suitland, MD. The primary function of the RSC is to effectively assist residents with information about access to enhanced supportive services and resources that will assist in providing quality daily living as a resident at our community. The RSC is an integral part of the housing management team and plays a critical role in the overall positive maintenance of the property for the peaceful enjoyment of its residents and the overall climate of respect for their community. The RSC provides support and lease education to residents regarding issues that may affect their tenancy; assists with applying for health, financial and insurance benefits; develops, coordinates, oversees resident targeted programs, writes grants to help fund programs. The RSC programs help build a healthy housing community and strengthen connections between residents, management and the local community.
Qualifications and / or Experience
The successful candidate for the RSC position will possess:
· Bachelor’s degree in the field of Social Work, Psychology, Child Development or related specialty, Drug and Alcohol counseling OR significant experience relevant to the family housing population.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of supportive services and other resources for family populations as well as elderly/disabled populations; including entitlement programs, supportive services and identifying local social service systems.
· Ability and willingness to outreach to the community by attending monthly community collaborative groups to maintain strong community relationships and quality programming.
· Ability to identify, assess, select, develop and maintain community service referral partnerships.
· Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
· Demonstrated experience in successfully working with diverse populations.
· Competent computer and technology skills.
· Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, be responsible, detailed oriented and self sufficient.
· Previous grant writing experience preferred.
· Previous experience with Family Metrics Software preferred.
If you are interested in applying or know someone to refer for the position please fax or e-mail resume to 781-915-3149 or Jsatterwhite@hallkeen.com