Hours for Night Shift are 3pm-11:30pm and 11:15pm-7:15am AWAKE hours
The Resident Care Provider or LNA performs the resident services tasks as assigned by the Resident Care Director. Our services are a prime focus for our Resident Care department. This position provides service and care to each resident in a timely efficient manner. Maintain high resident and family satisfaction, meet high expectations, and ensure that HallKeen Assisted Living services are implemented in a service/customer focused manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Provides activities of daily living assistance to the residents as directed from each Resident’s Service Plan.
- Understands and complies with all Resident Rights.
- Works well with older adults of all abilities, showing understanding and patience.
- Prioritizes tasks to ensure optimum services to residents as requests and needs change.
- Regardless of which shift, this is an awake-position. Sleeping or resting while on duty is strictly not permitted and Associate must return from scheduled breaks on time.
- Informs supervisor of changes in Residents’ condition and needs. Documents these observations thoroughly and communicates any changes to other staff.
- Provides personal services for Residents in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assists relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Maintains a positive and professional environment and projects a calm and competent image.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment.
- Maintains assisted living area to be clean and odor free.
- Respond to Resident needs and requests.
- Promote a positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Immediately reports any personal accident or work-related injury to a supervisor.
- Ensures efficient use of company supplies, materials, tools, and resources.
- Shows attention to detail and has an acute sense of responsibility.
- Shows an ability to relate to and perform job functions for the elderly in a positive and efficient manner.
- Shows a consistent ability to coordinate multiple tasks. Has a positive attitude and works well under pressure.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding Residents, staff, and community.
- Work scheduled assigned hours on a daily/weekly basis with punctual attendance.
- Be available for on-call emergency situations.
- Takes steps to minimize energy usage on a consistent basis.
- Special projects/assignments as delegated by Resident Care Director.
- Leading Resident activities, serving food and cleaning the dining room at and after all meals.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to help other staff whenever necessary.
- Preferred but not required current certification as a nursing assistant or have successfully completed the certified home health aide or homemaker/personal care homemaker training program.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Appearance is neat, clean, and according to dress code.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with residents, family members and customers; listens well.
- Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work cooperatively with a group of people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Able to be tactful; maintain confidences, foster an ethical work environment; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Able to keep an open mind and change opinions on the basis of new information; performs a variety tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Physically able to move at least 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Physically able to bend, reach, and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings.
- Physically able to stand and to work on hands and knees for long periods of time.
If you are interested in applying or know someone to refer for the position please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission is to create partnerships and provide leadership that result in successful business ventures, thriving residential communities, prosperous commercial properties, and enriching work environments. We strive to create long-term sustainable value for our investors through strategic asset growth, increased profitability and the capture of value added opportunities.
Our stakeholders include our employees, owners, business partners, residents, vendors and suppliers, as well as, the property owners, government agencies, regulators, and lenders. Individually and collectively, the interests, goals, and objectives of all stakeholders are important to the success of our company.
We conduct our business with integrity, vision, and compassion.
We listen to the goals of our stakeholders and align our resources to exceed these goals.
We create an environment that empowers employees, rewards innovation, solves problems, and gives precedence to residents.
We are committed to developing employees and creating teams to exceed industry standards.
We are selective and purposeful when evaluating new business opportunities.