The Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for administration of all resident care and wellness services. Directs, plans, and coordinates services activities of professional nursing and auxiliary nursing personnel. Interprets and ensures compliance with all aspects of HallKeen Assisted Living policies and procedures and State regulations to all staff.
· Ensures and maintains regulatory compliance with all rules and regulations for assisted living/memory care and of the State’s Board of Registration in Nursing in which the Community operates
· Coordination, management of care and services for residents and supervision and training of the Nursing Department based on the policies and procedures of Hallkeen Assisted Living.
o Staff Training; Orientation; Education (including Infection Control program) and Quality Assurance/ Safety Programs.
o Supervision of wellness nurses & Med Techs
o Truthful and accurate legal documentation
o Delegation of duties to wellness nurses as regulations allow.
o On-call and available after-hours for issues related to residents’ needs. DON may be required to come into the Community to directly deal with issues after hours.
· Maintains the schedule for the wellness nurses and covers as needed
· Maintains retention and recruitment of nursing staff
· Ensures that Care Plans and Assessments are done and are approved for change of condition, new admissions, and annually.
· Reviews all assessments (pre-admission and annual)
· Participates in family meetings alongside Memory Care Director
· Ensure staff training to being met for annual hours.
· Ensures Policy and Procedures are being followed by nursing staff. Creates and adjusts policies as needed
· Maintains professional relationship with all families, doctors, and professionals
· Ensures medications and narcotics are ordered, safely stored, and audited as needed
· Maintain the electronic MAR system. Do all training as needed
· Maintain professional relationship with all nursing staff and meet on a regular basis.
· Reports to Executive Director on a regular basis.
· Meeting budgeted department expenses and labor hours, with any variances to be discussed with the Executive Director
· Participates in other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
· Performs holiday manager rotation as needed.
· Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent resident care information to assure resident rights are protected.
· Understands, follows and enforces all practices and policies by HallKeen in order to comply with all applicable assisted living and labor requirements both state and federal as applicable
· Report on-the-job injuries to a supervisor before the end of the day on the day an injury occurs.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· RN current license in good standing to practice in the State in which the Community operates.
· Preferred two to five years’ experience as a Director of Nursing or equivalent in assisted living.
· Experience with and passion for working with seniors.
· Able to demonstrate high level of service delivery including what is necessary to prioritize resident/community needs, properly analyze and rectify service issues and ensure satisfaction.
· Appearance is neat, clean, and according to dress code.
· Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
· Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; reads and interprets complex information; talks with residents, family members and customers; listens well.
· Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
· Able to work cooperatively with and maintain positive working relationships with residents, their families, peers, other staff members and managers to achieve goals and objectives.
· Able to be tactful; maintains confidences, and fosters an ethical work environment; strives to prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; gives proper credit to others; handles all situations honestly.
· Able to keep an open mind and change opinions on the basis of new information; performs a variety tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions effectively from task to task; adapts to varying customer needs.
· In good physical and emotional health.
· Physically able to bend, reach and work in small areas
· Physically able to push and pull and lift at least 50lbs at times.
· Physically able to stand or work on hands and knees for extended periods of time
· Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings
If you are interested in applying or know someone to refer for the position please fax or e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission is to create partnerships and provide leadership that result in successful business ventures, thriving residential communities, prosperous commercial properties, and enriching work environments. We strive to create long-term sustainable value for our investors through strategic asset growth, increased profitability and the capture of value added opportunities.
Our stakeholders include our employees, owners, business partners, residents, vendors and suppliers, as well as, the property owners, government agencies, regulators, and lenders. Individually and collectively, the interests, goals, and objectives of all stakeholders are important to the success of our company.
We conduct our business with integrity, vision, and compassion.
We listen to the goals of our stakeholders and align our resources to exceed these goals.
We create an environment that empowers employees, rewards innovation, solves problems, and gives precedence to residents.
We are committed to developing employees and creating teams to exceed industry standards.
We are selective and purposeful when evaluating new business opportunities.