Veterinarian Technician - Part Time
Assist a licensed Veterinarian in performing basic animal care, medical treatment and surgical practices and help in ensuring animal health and welfare is maintained in the shelter.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in basic veterinary practices such as de-worming, vaccinations, physical exams and other animal health related activities.
- Prepare treatment room for animal examinations and medical treatments.
- Assist with and occasionally perform euthanasia.
- Assist vet with basic surgeries and anesthesia monitoring and injecting medications.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- County Vehicle
- Restraint Pole
- Anesthesia monitoring equipment
- Humane Traps
- Surgical Equipment
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience in this or related field preferred but not required
- Valid Class I Driver's license and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the safe handling and general welfare of large and small animals.
- Knowledge of pertinent animal control laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Knowledge of work hazards.
- Ability to care for animals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, other employees and to deal with the public in a courteous and pleasant manner.
ADA Minimum Requirements:
Physical Ability: Essential functions continuously require the ability to remain in a stationary position (sitting/standing); maintain body equilibrium to prevent failing when walking, standing, crouching or navigating narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces; repetitively use hands/arms/legs; grasp items; and move/transport items weighing up to 25lbs. . Incumbents constantly must think analytically; handle stress and emotion, concentrate on tasks, remember names and other details; examine and observe details; make decisions, and adjust to change. Essential functions continuously require incumbents to work irregular hours (nights and or weekends); maintain stamina during workday; meet deadlines; operate equipment; staying organized; and using math/calculations.
Essential functions frequently require the ability to move oneself about the worksite by waking; bend body downward and forward by bending spine and legs, twisting at the waist, hips or knees; reach overhead; position oneself by crouching/kneeling; and push or pull items.
Essential functions occasionally require the ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, and ramps; move oneself by crawling on hands and knees; and move/transport items weighing between 26lbs and 100lbs.
Sensory Ability: Essential Functions require the ability to use effective verbal and written communication; and use of hand/eye coordination and fine manipulation to use tools and equipment.
Environmental Factors: Essential functions are continuously performed with exposure to risk of bodily injury from hazards including biological, chemical, and sharp objects/tools; fumes, gasses, odors, and dust; extreme noise; and wet, slippery floors and surfaces. Incumbents continuously must be able to work with others.
Essential functions are frequently performed with exposure to dirt/mud and moving mechanical parts.
Essential functions are occasionally performed with exposure to adverse environmental conditions, including inclement weather or dry environments; extreme hot or cold temperatures; risk of bodily harm from hazards including electrical and heavy machinery; high heights/high places; and hot temperature devices including burners. Incumbents occasionally must be able to work alone.
Incumbents regularly must be able to work around equipment/machinery; drive county vehicles and other equipment; and walk on uneven ground.
This class specification should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification.
Hall CountyGainesville, GA
AnimalView All Hall County Jobs
Get fresh Veterinarian Technician - Part Time jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.