Animation + Design Course Instructor for Kids/Teens
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Open immediately. This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and project-based learning environment where innovation and creativity are keys to success. You'll certainly learn just as much as you teach!
Digital Media Academy
Founded on the campus of Stanford University in 2002, DMA (Digital Media Academy,https://digitalmediaacademy.org/)’s core business is developing and running technology camps and courses for youth at prestigious universities across North America.
Some positions might lead to long-term or permanent employment.
DMA in Metro Vancouver programs are operated and delivered by its exclusive licensee Halfmoon Education (https://halfmoonedu.com/). We are currently hiring instructors at the North Vancouver location! We provide the curriculum and materials, you provide the expertise!
The Instructor’s Role
Course Instructors are the rock stars of our program:
- As the head of the classroom, Course Instructors lead students into explorations of visual power and creativity. They have a strong understanding of their subject matter, a genuine desire to work with and lead a group of teens or kids. They are patient, energetic, and able to let their guard down and have fun!
- Our Instructors should have a unique blend of working experience and teaching experience along with a college degree. We pride ourselves in providing a learning experience that is non-traditional and built specifically for teens and their learning styles.
- Instructors need not only be strong in their subject matter, but they need to be confident in leading kids or teens through immersive, hands-on, project-based learning.
- Instructors should have expertise and passion for their subject matter. More importantly, Instructors should have a genuine desire to work with kids and teens and to teach. Instructors need to be flexible, patient, have high energy, and ability to have fun with the student.
ESSENTIAL JOBS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach key concepts in a variety of formats: hands-on, direct instruction, group work, and one-on-one with students
- Utilize our provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun, and rewarding experience for students
- Teach with passion, structure, and expertise while guiding students through the completion of a personal project
- Depending on the size and scope of the class, collaborate with and oversee one or more Assistant Instructors/TAs who will assist with group project work, one-on-one with students, and/or a sub-group of students.
- Take part in weekly staff meetings, to occur before and/or after the class.
TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
- Obtain online CPR and First AID Certification prior to the start of camp. Halfmoon Education is not responsible for the fees or scheduling Complete all online training and position-specific webinars.
- Complete all contracts, hiring packets, and background check
- Attend all online and in-person location-specific orientations
- The ideal candidate for this job will have the expertise and/or ability to quickly learn a selection of the software, hardware, or languages listed below: Autodesk Maya, 3D Animation, 3D CGI Models, TinkerCAD, Autodesk123D, 3D Printing, Toon Boom Harmony, Wacom Tablets, Adobe Illustrator.
- BA or BS degree completed or nearly completed (college senior with a minimum of 2-3 years of coursework relevant to the class subject matter)*
- Professional classroom or tutoring experience with students ages 8-17 preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with both kids and parents
- Patience, flexibility, energy, and a sense of humor
- Positive Attitude
- After school: classes typically run from 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm on weekdays
- 2021 Winter Camps: Dec 20-23, Dec 27-30
- 2022 Spring Camps: March 14-18, 21-25
- 2022 Summer Camp (UBC): July 4-29
Halfmoon Education is committed to competitively compensating staff. Pay factors in the camp’s location and the candidate's qualifications, experience, and topics being assigned. We provided an hourly rate of $20-30 depending on your experience.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- High personal integrity and sound professional ethics
- Work is sometimes performed in an emotional and stressful environment
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
Halfmoon Education is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.
Halfmoon Education does not provide or assist with housing or parking for this position. Parking, accommodations, transportation, commuting, etc are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please send your resume or portfolio (if applicable).
***This is a MUST***
Please indicate the specific courses (click https://online.halfmoonedu.com/visitor_class_catalog/category/92689 for the list of winter/spring camp; click https://halfmoonedu.matrixlms.com/visitor_class_catalog/category/89766 for the after-school program, click https://digitalmediaacademy.org/on-campus-camps/ for the UBC summer camp[coming soon]) that you intend or are qualified to teach in your resume.
991 Marine DrNorth Vancouver, BC
EducationView all jobs at Halfmoon Education