Halfaker and Associates, LLC, an award winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Software Engineering and IT Infrastructure to improve the health, security and well-being of all Americans. Our commitment to excellence and our vision to “Continue to Serve” has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies in the health, defense, security and intelligence sectors. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we have employees nationwide and were recently named a 2018 Top Work Place by the Washington Post. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with Halfaker.
Halfaker has an opening for a Junior Software Developer to join our talented team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Working closely with business analysts, designers and QA, in an Agile environment to support requirement analysis, determine architectural designs, establish unit testing requirements, and supporting end-to-end test automation.
- Participate in planning activities and collaborate with development teams. Provide suggestions and adjustments as needed to deliver quality software within project scope and timeframes.
- Support identification of risks that might impact the success of the project and mitigate those risks.
- Participate and support design reviews and provide code reviews to the team members.
- Prepare system design documentation and other artifacts for project reviews.
- Ensure that documented standards, processes and procedures are followed
- Promote and perform development work consistent with industry standards and best practices; design interfaces and integrations.
- Perform unit testing and support test automation.
- Apply continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Support the systems once they are up and running.
- Write excellent documentation explaining application/service functionality and features.