We have an opening for an EDI Analyst/Special Markets position in our Kansas City, MO location.
Haldex is a multinational company that develops, manufactures and distributes products for brake and suspension systems on commercial vehicles. Our customers are typically manufacturers of heavy trucks, buses and trailers and we have a strong global presence with sales offices, R&D and production sites all over the world. The people working at Haldex are without doubt our most valuable asset. Without the competence and commitment from all employees around the world, our long-standing success in this highly competitive commercial vehicle business would not have been possible. To create and maintain attractive workplaces, where our employees can thrive and further develop, will always be a top priority for us.
To learn more about Haldex, go to https://www.haldex.com/en/North-America/haldex-hr/e
Summary responsibilities include providing EDI Support to our customer base as well as superior customer service to both National and International accounts. These specialty markets primarily include Government and Transit as well as other specific markets served by Haldex. This is provided by coordinating the order-management process from order placement through shipment by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Receive and review external customer requests for EDI implementations/modifications.
- Liaison communication between customers and ICT support functions, both internal and 3rd party.
- Includes evaluation of digital maps for compatibility of customer templates to Haldex files.
- Data testing (inbound and outbound)
- Perform EDI support functions which include daily analysis of inbound/outbound transactions, customer file setup in ERP system including any additional Dealer file peripheral systems.
- Identify, analyze and correct errors in the data transmissions.
- Responsible for training, documentation and instruction for both external and internal customers.
- Processing customer orders and requests through a highly technical environment of EDI as well as manual order entry.
- Coordinating customer requirements and logistics through various Haldex production facilities to ensure correct and timely delivery.
- Frequent contact with production plants and distribution centers to coordinate scheduling and order fulfillment.
- Handling and resolving customer complaints which includes taking responsibility for solving customer problems by either providing the information directly or getting the customer to the correct person who can.
- Provide delivery information regarding availability, scheduling, managing back orders, and tracking shipments.
- Provide cross reference part number information for basic products and when further assistance is required, coordinate communication between the customer and other technical resources.
- Facilitate customers through the organization - “One Face to the Customer”
- Provide all needed response and communication directly to the customer either via own knowledge base or obtained from other pertinent support areas.
- Maintain appropriate customer files/documentation.
- High volume email and telephone communications.
- Verification and communication of current customer pricing, researching and resolving price discrepancies, and all other related pricing activities as assigned.
- Pricing activities related to annual adjustments as assigned.
- Maintenance of customer data within the system as assigned.
- Process, maintain and adhere to all relevant IATF16949/ISO 9001 Quality Documents including procedures, work instructions, customer specific requirements and routing instructions in SharePoint.
- Process returns, issue timely credit/debit transactions.
- Function as a team member with other Customer Service personnel to assure smooth operation of the department and promote continuous improvement.
- Support achievement of departmental, facility and corporate KPIs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ITAR: This position may involve access to technology and/or software whose export is controlled by regulations of the U.S. government. Any final job offer will be extended only to otherwise qualified candidates who also meet the level of export control requirements applicable to the position.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong proficiency in the use of computer systems, ERP (Axapta) and Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel at an intermediate skill level). Excellent work history with consistently above-average performance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as product catalogs, promotions, procedure manuals, purchase orders and other customer documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Effective listening skills partnered with ability to speak effectively with customers. Able to articulate well over the phone and demonstrate good business writing skills via email. Fluent in Spanish and/or French a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, electronic data or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.