We are looking for a Water Treatment Project Manager to support current water treatement projects involving large pump station and treatment plant rehabilitation, and pipeline infrastructure rehabilitation, inspection, repair and replacement of water mains.
Position: Manage construction projects by performing the following duties and responsibilities as an integral part of a Project Management team. Position may require you to manage one or more projects concurrently.
Classification (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage on-site construction activities as the designated Project Manager.
- Monitor daily work activities to ensure proper adherence to job site safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain the project schedule in an attempt to avoid potential delays, achieve milestones and meet completion dates.
- Develop and evaluate project schedules.
- Direct the work of employees and /or subcontractors assigned to the project.
- Manage meetings and correspondence with customers.
- Participate with the project team to ensure timely coordination of submittals, requests for information (RFI’s) and plan revisions.
- Participate in value engineering alternative solutions with Owner, Designer, and Contractor
- Monitor and inspect work progress for quality control and quality assurance; identify and resolve problem issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare daily field observation reports and monthly reports along with progress photo documentation.
- Participate in weekly progress meetings; review pay applications; review and resolve change order requests; assist with closeout/turnover activities.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum (5) years field construction experience working as a Project Manager
- Past experience working on water/waste water construction projects
- Knowledgeable in general building and site/civil construction
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Public Works requirements
- Knowledge of reading project plans and specifications
- Manages difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, and meets commitments
- Past experience working on public works/various utility companies required
- Past experience working on large construction projects
- OSHA 10 certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills
- Excellent written/communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Must pass pre-employment drug test/physical/background check
Disclaimer: The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive of every job duty, responsibility, or qualification required by an employee assigned to this job. While employed in this position, an employee may be required to perform other assignments not listed on this job description.
Hal Hays Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer -The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants on race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, military service/veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including genetic characteristics, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.