- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $19 Hourly
The primary function of the Spreader/Laborer is to be at the home site when scheduled and off-load and on-loading HSD Products from the truck, and to place the materials in the designated locations within each lot. Duties might vary depending on the type of job and location.
Education: Preferred: High School Graduate.
Experience: Preferred: Six months prior work experience as a helper for a finish carpentry construction company.
- Knowledge of door, mill-work, and door hardware products a huge plus.
- Must be able to follow schedules as established by the Supervisor.
- Able to coordinate and spread the materials at or below the scheduled amount of time.
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow safety procedures.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- This position requires standing for an extended length of time.
- Must be in sound physical condition and able to perform a physically demanding job.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds without assistance.
- The physical condition for this position is rough and vigorous; this will require off-loading materials from the truck and carrying the materials to the correct lots.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Home site construction environment.
- Long and irregular hours at times. This might include some weekends and overtime depending on the work load.
- Exposure to extreme heat & cold weather conditions, dust, dirt, fumes, and loud noises.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
To safely operate all tools used on the home site.
Inspect the load after off-loading for damages.
Take the materials to the correct lots and neatly place the materials in the location stated on the paperwork.
Accurately count the materials that were taken to the lots and report any shortages to the Driver or Foreman on the home site.
After all materials are spread, walk the units to make 100% sure everything is correctly spread, kicked, and pinned per HSD Standards.
Pick up any materials that was previously sent by mistake or returns and put back on the truck.
To attend Weekly Safety Meetings on the Home Site.
Performs any other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Hakes Sash & Door Inc
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Hakes Sash & Door Inc