Boat Mate - Haig Point Ferry Company
FSLA Status: Hourly
Department: Marine TransportationReports to: Director of Marine and Land Transportation
General Purpose: A unique entry-level professional mariner position serving members and guests at a high-end golfing community.
- Responsible for passenger and vessel safety at all times
- Deliver consistent and personal attention to our members and guests
- Possess some basic seamanship skills and take responsibility for your own advancement
- Possess some USCG emergency skills and take responsibility for your own advancement
- Keep accurate records (ship’s log, manifest, engineering log)
- Load, secure and unload vessel cargo
- Maintain vessel cleanliness to Ferry Company standards
- Work with in Ferry Company SOP at all times, especially Safety
- Assist vessel Captain in daily operations of the vessel
- Perform engine room checks and other light maintenance
- Demonstrate positive attitude and adaptability to change
- Supportive member of a motivated team
- TWIC eligible
Education/Experience: Minimum 180 sea service days.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 50lbs. (men), 40lbs. (women). Ability to maintain good balance on moving decks and docks. Must be able to swim with the assistance of a floatation device. Must meet DOT drug free work place regulations.
Environment/Noise: Work is outdoors, sometimes in extreme weather conditions. Frequently works near moving mechanical parts. Noise level is moderate to loud.
Certificates/Licenses: Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Preferences Must be 18 years of age. Ability to read and speak English may be required to perform duties of the job. Excellent customer service skills required. Ability to take direction and complete tasks a must. Attention to detail an asset.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job description when circumstances change; e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological develops, etc.
Haig Point ClubHilton Head Island, SC
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.