Haida Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is now looking for a full-time Social Worker to join our team!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Requires demonstrated professional knowledge and skills necessary to plan, organize, and develop support services for our current residents and their families; the ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with residents, families, and staff; knowledge of the inquiry and admissions process; fundamental knowledge and skill in marketing; effective verbal and written English communication; lift and carry up to 30 pounds. Experience in long-term care and skilled nursing is a requirement for this position.
- Coordinate room changes; notify residents & families.
- Coordinate changes such as room transfers, cable and telephone , pharmacy, laundry, etc.
- Direct staff training sessions such as Residents’ Rights, Guest Relations, and Resident Dignity.
- Provide discharged residents and families with placement options.
- Direct Discharge Planning Service (i.e., discharge time, special needs) and initiate a discharge follow-up call within forty-eight (48) hours after discharge.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package with extensive benefits for full-time staff members, including the following:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and career opportunities!
Guardian Elder Care is a tight-knit, family-oriented team, committed to operating with the utmost integrity and compassion. Our focus on clinical excellence carries over to our numerous professional development and continuing education opportunities, as well as the schedule flexibility that allows you to maintain a satisfying work-life balance.
Guardian Elder Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Guardian Elder Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Guardian Elder Care expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status genetic information.