Thanks to state-of-the-art technologies, comprehensive know-how, our innovative strength and the special commitment of our customers HAHN Automation is one of the world's leading mechanical engineering companies. We develop innovative solutions that automate the production processes of numerous well-known customers. We are looking for visionaries, who build our future with their ideas. HAHN is looking for an Electrical Assembly Technician to join our team.
Assembly Technicians build custom machinery from design plans working as part of mechanical/electrical engineers. This position will require travel within the United States as well as possibly Canada and Mexico installing machinery at the customer site. An active passport is required.
What is it like working for Hahn Automation?
- Our teams collaborate cross-functionally solving practical problems with no standard solution resulting in innovative outcomes.
- We thrive on innovation and thinking outside the box, every project brings new technologies and lessons learned.
- The work provides diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning.
Our work provides diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning that provides personal and professional development.
- Electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical assembly and installation for custom automation equipment using assembly and component drawings, pneumatic- and hydraulic plans, and wiring diagrams
- Perform troubleshooting of safety devices, which includes Estops, guard doors, light curtains and safety relays. Example devices include linear servo handling, electric and servo-electric motors
- Use of various equipment such as hand tools, saws, hand drill and drill press, grinders, multi-meters and other measurement devices (such as calipers)
- Test equipment in manual and automatic modes in conjunction with a programmer
- Provide support for customer runoffs
- Identify necessary design changes and communicate them with team leader and/or engineering department
- Electrical schematics and components, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- A knowledge of sensors and various sensor types including diffuse, laser, fiber optic, contact and non-contact is required
- A basic knowledge of robotics, PLC functions and communication (Profinet, Ethernet and RS-232) is preferred
- Must be flexible enough to travel and work overtime as required to support the customer
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Associate’s degree and/or Technical/Vocational schooling a plus
- Minimum of 1 year in a related industry
- Employees must have an active passport at all times during their employment
Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, we are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time.