Production Operations _ Print Production Direct Mail
Hagan Graphic Assets LLC Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Production Operations Engineer Direct Mail Print (** Florida Facility Location** )
NOTE: ** THIS POSITION offers RELOCATION assistance and will be resident - ON LOCATION- at a production facility) in North FT LAUDERDALE FLORIDA. ** This position also requires significant experience with In line Inkjet web, direct mail print production experience (see details below). ** No State Income Tax in Florida
Our Client is a full-service Direct Marketing Agency / Direct Mail Printer offering strategic insight, creative development, end-to-end production and detailed analytics across all direct marketing channels.
We are looking for an energetic, solution-oriented, hands-on, client-facing Production Operations Engineer to join our team. ** This Production Manufacturing "expert" will have a professional-level understanding and proficiency in all aspects of direct mail production manufacturing: including printing, letter shop operations, and the USPS Direct Mail.
This import role is an SME for the production management team: (Subject matter expert - from mail piece "ideation and creative - through design and practical print production planning (high speed inkjet web inline) - to finishing offline if needed to mail stream. Cost variance evaluation - production planning and "estimate vs actual" experience. Bonus for production scheduling and vendor management skills (consumables and services)
PLEASE READ POSITIONS REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY
This important Production Operations Engineer position requires of the following experience:
- “Strategic thinking” / “Value Engineering & Mapping skills”: (The ability to review a client / production “challenge” with a strategic plan to “effectively” and “efficiently” improve the production throughput and enhance project outcomes of that challenge (for the company and the client)!
- Production manufacturing process knowledge inline Inkjet Digital and offset web Variable Data Print and inline finishing production understanding,
- Letter-shop operations and personalization,
- USPS mail stream optimization.
- Procurement: Strong vendor negotiating skills necessary as a support to production (Outsourced Services and Consumable Materials).
- This position will interface with all agency and manufacturing departments and support Sales and Client Services to ensure timely and accurate delivery of print campaigns. “Team oriented” with a “solutions mindset” and positive attitude
- We are seeking a “go to” resource with Cost Analysis and Post Production review of “Estimate vs Actual".
- Manage a high volume of complex projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Approves all print production priorities throughout the creative routing process, including final approval on all artwork, formats, mock-ups and proofs.
- Identify and support the development of new and enhanced manufactured formats through internal collaboration as well as seeking new suppliers and techniques.
- Review and submit any alterations for “live job” print estimates to include, any potential alterations, creative scope, variable data programming and print specifications to meet desired client outcomes.
- Develop and maintain schedules, ensuring that project milestones are met, adhering to approved budgets.
- Analyze specifications to ensure that all job requirements, quality expectations, artwork availability and delivery dates are clearly identified and achieved.
- Produce and distribute Purchase Orders with complete specifications and instructions (as part of the production procurement process).
- Attend daily production meeting, weekly status and project meetings for assigned accounts.
- Review printed samples for accuracy of color, quality and scope. • Travel could be required, 20%
The optimal candidate possesses the following:
- 8+ years’ direct mail experience in an agency AND (most importantly) a print manufacturing environment, including a thorough technical production knowledge of variable data print, offset print (web, sheet-fed) and inline finishing operations; (a strong technical experience and working knowledge of lithographic and digital printing processes).
- 8+ years’ mailing services "production operations" experience: including letter shop services, postal operations, and mail logistics. (technical production experience with production equipment and processes)
- Experience working with teams in the following agency departments: print production, studio, creative, data strategies and account/project management.
- Extensive pre-press and printing knowledge including variable data printing.
- Must be an expert in MS Office and can review files via In Design, Photoshop & Illustrator software systems.
- Excellent time management and troubleshooting skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (or combination of education and practical industry production experience in Direct Mail)
Competitive Compensation and Relocation Assistance for the right candidate
Our firm acutely understands the challenges and changes in today graphics landscape (over capacity, business consolidations, corporate restructuring, bad professional fit, and culture change). Our goal is to evaluate your valuable work experience in order to match your background and accomplishments to the most ideal employment opportunities available.
We have relationships in many print and marketing communications industry segments:
Catalog Publications & Book Print
Direct Marketing - Direct Mail
Large Format POP
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
Digital Print / Cross Media
Hagan Graphic Assets LLCWhy Work Here?
Great Company In Growth Mode That Is Well Managed And Financially Stable.
Hagan Graphics Assets is a Graphic Arts industry consulting firm specializing in sales and production process evaluation and executive search services. With over 30 years broad-based print industry experience, our boutique consulting and talent acquisition services that are tailored to meet and exceed each of our clients' individual "Human Asset" requirements. Our firm acutely understands the challenges and changes in today graphics landscape (over capacity, business consolidations, corporate restructuring, bad professional fit, and culture change). Our goal is to evaluate your valuable work experience in order to match your background and accomplishments to the most ideal employment opportunities available. We have relationships in many print and marketing communications industry segments: General Commercial Catalog Publications & Book Print Direct Marketing - Direct Mail Large Format POP Visual Environments Grand Format Packaging Strategic Sourcing Retail Inserts Business Forms Financial Print Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Digital Print / Cross Media