EMS operations manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an EMS Operations Manager to become an integral part of our team! You will assist the president and officers with daily operations, scheduling, training, quality assurance, administrative functions, community education and prevention initiatives, recruitment and mentoring of volunteers, and other responsibilities as directed by the president and board of directors. The ops manager will also function as a crew member at the EMT level during regularly scheduled shifts.
Responsibilities: Overview of basic functions, responsibilities are not limited to those listed.
- Manage and participate in initiatives to improve operational practices
- Schedule shifts for volunteers and career staff, and assist training officer with planning CE and drills.
- Collect and provide reporting on agency performance measures as directed by president and officers/coordinators.
- Provide exemplary patient care and mentor crew members.
- Act as a liaison between HVAS in the community and with other area response agencies.
- Minimum of 5 years 911 experience at the EMT or Paramedic level. Experience with volunteer EMS agencies preferred.
- National Registry Certification, CT EMS-I, BLS CPR Instructor certification preferred, Candidates must be willing to obtain these certifications within one year of hire.
- Physical agility test and background checks required.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Haddam Volunteer Ambulance ServiceWhy Work Here?
Challenging and rewarding opportunity to provide excellent care in a positive environment at a community based non-profit EMS agency.
9 Skinner RoadHaddam, CT
TechnologyView all jobs at Haddam Volunteer Ambulance Service